Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACC Webcast

Didn't realize the ACC meet was being webcast Fri/Sat. Missed today's, but it'll be on tomorrow 4-8:00pm Eastern.

http://www.theacc.com/championships/09- ... nship.html

Didn't see Felnagle in 800 or 1500 prelims. Maybe she's just doing the 5K?

Re: ACC Webcast

Originally posted by dl
    Didn't realize the ACC meet was being webcast Fri/Sat. Missed today's, but it'll be on tomorrow 4-8:00pm Eastern.

I watched it, or most of what I could. I dont see Felnagle on any of the start lists, at least we wont see her fail again.

Comment

Re: ACC Webcast

Originally posted by dl

Same for Kuijken. She was 2nd in XC & 3K. Are they going to battle in 5K on Saturday?
      none

Comment

Ah, missed the start lists! Kuijken is entered in the 5000. Felnagle is not.

Comment

Originally posted by dl
          Ah, missed the start lists! Kuijken is entered in the 5000. Felnagle is not.
          Thanks for the update. I looked for 5000 on Thursday, but no luck. I assume that 5000 was posted after heats on Friday.

Kuijken looked excellent at NCAA. Has she raced since then? If not, why.

Felnagle ran well on DMR but faded in the Mile at NCAA. Is she injured or ill?

I haven't seen any results for Fanning indoors or outdoors. She made the 1500 final on time, so why is she doubling?
          none

Comment

At Florida State is seems the proven runners run rarely only when necessary.

Comment

That's Jessica Fanning in 1500 final. Tamsin (or Tasmin?)Fanning (3rd in ncaa xc) hasn't raced since Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                That's Jessica Fanning in 1500 final. Tamsin (or Tasmin?)Fanning (3rd in ncaa xc) hasn't raced since Dec.
                Thanks for the info.
                none

Comment

the men's distances races were very exciting. Lead changes over the final lap.

Coach Braman shared this with me

Steeve Gabart was amazing!!
                  Took off with 9 to go and was stalked by 4 Virginia guys.
                  His move lap was 67.0, then 70, then 72's+73's till 3 to go. Was then him Collins+Heikenen. 71.8--no change. 66.5 and it's just him+Collins.
                  Flying down the backstretch Steeve cant shake Collins(indoor ACC champ on a big kick). At 200m lapped runners(3) in the way. Steeve goes wide(almost lane 3) and somehow Collins slips by on the inside to negate Steeve's move.
                  Collins swings wide at 100m and has a 2-3 foot lead for 20m. Gabart draws dead even at 50m-surges again at 30m and holds a 5 ft lead to the line. And the hometown crowd goes wild.
                  First time(ever) his mom has seen him race.
                  Top 5 career coaching moment for me.

Comment

Wow! FSU and Va tie.

No Borlees in the 4 x 4, but I believe I saw Mitchell and Clark running

Comment

Originally posted by RQ
                      Wow! FSU and Va tie.

No Borlees in the 4 x 4, but I believe I saw Mitchell and Clark running
                      No Michael Ray Garvin the entire meet, and Mitchell could have run in the 100 but did not.

Comment

Makusha is still out for FSU. Gonz is out after shoulder surgery, so thats close to 15 points missed out on. Also Pelle Rietveld was in good position to get some good points, possibly win the Decathlon until he pulled his groin on the first event of the second day.

Comment

A lot of close races there at the end to determine the ACC champ.

Ryan Collins(Va) had lead at top of homestretch, then lost out to strong stretch run by Mulherin who bumped into a lapped Ga Tech kid who had moved out.

Va knocked off 5 seconds off their seed time(3:14 and seeded 5th) to take 3rd.

A lot of injuries mounting for the Seminoles.

Makusha is on the mend and Garvin is scheduled to appear at Penn.

This is the same team/coaching staff that rode an unhealthy( at some point) Dix to NCAA champs.

They'll be ready, but they'll have to have some help and possibly a different strategy.

Also, in just 1 year, Coach Vig has made Va a formidable ACC competitor. Something that Seminoles have not seen in a few years. Possibly the strategy will change there as well.

Comment

Note on Steeve Gabart

He ran 4:34 1600m in high school before going to Rend Lake and Virginia Intermont college.

Comment

Working...
                            X