Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which american distance runner will medal first?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which american distance runner will medal first?

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
    Which american distance runner will medal first in the worlds or the olympics.Galen,German,Alan?I love the way German is progressing.Galen seems to be getting the speed that is needed to finish at the elite level.I Alan is better than any miler,but needs to learn how to race.
    German's a pace runner. Three 4.09,6 1.600m runs (12.28,8/13.00 5.000m) without stopping isn't too far off the map for a guy of his stature. In four years. Now, however, he's due to miss a month following world juniors, so he'll have a longer entrance on to the outdoor scene following rest and recovery and a new build up.

Comment

It's quite possible we will never see another American male medal over 1500m and longer.

Comment

Some bone-head run like the 1988 Seoul Olympics, and the Peter Rono's with American names have a chance of sneaking on in.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
          Some bone-head run like the 1988 Seoul Olympics, and the Peter Rono's with American names have a chance of sneaking on in.
          True.

Comment

Originally posted by doug091463
            but as far as which will medal next (lagat,flanagan, meb and kastor recently have) i agree with the 2nd poster the odds are against any of them.
            You forgot to include Kara Goucher among the recently haves.

Comment

I definetly cant leave out kara Goucher.Whats up with Adam Goucher,at one point he seemed like a star on the rise.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
                It's quite possible we will never see another American male medal over 1500m and longer.
                I'll put money on you being wrong, but I may be dead before I can collect, and I doubt if I'll be around past 2030.

Comment

With the last Olympic medal (over 1500) by an American male being just over 4 years old and the last WC medal in the reigning champion being an American I think that this line of thought is somewhere just short of being ridiculously inapt.

Comment

Um did you read the whole topic ?I named Galen,German,you know american born.I know Lagat won medals.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
                      Um did you read the whole topic ?I named Galen,German,you know american born.I know Lagat won medals.Thank you.
                      Rupp seems to be a great ollegiate runner, but does he really have the talent to win international competitions? At what age do 5/10 runners make their mark on the world stage? Early 20s or late 20s?

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                        With the last Olympic medal (over 1500) by an American male being just over 4 years old and the last WC medal in the reigning champion being an American I think that this line of thought is somewhere just short of being ridiculously inapt.
                        True, but Lagat is getting older, and may have seen his best days. Meb and Deena did medal in the OG marathon....and Teg just missed a bronze at WC...but that's just a handful in years of OG's and WC's.

My answer to the original question is: there's a chance that here and there we may sneak in for a medal. (love to see Ryan Hall get one)...but the USA is no distance running powerhouse...African's continue to dominate and I don't see that changing much in the foreseeable future.

Comment

Wwjr wrote:
                          "Um did you read the whole topic ?I named Galen,German,you know american born.I know Lagat won medals.Thank you."

Will, Will, Will, don't get so testy. Of course people read the whole topic. You should read it again. Nothing was said about runners being American born. Legat is an American citizen. There is no disputing that!

Comment

Lovestorun: It would be great to see Hall keep improving, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
                              I'm pretty sure the US will medal in the future. Some of these distance races can be a complete crap shoot depending on how the race pans out. Also some people just have great races, dare I say, once in a life time races. It has happened and will happen again.

Of course this is coming from the same guy that thinks England has a good shot at winning the world cup every four years (assuming they qualify). :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
                                Lovestorun: It would be great to see Hall keep improving, wouldn't it?

Joe, you know me so well!

Comment

Working...
                                X