Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Hasay needs better competition

It comes a time in a runner of her calibers life when you have to run against the best to be the best,Jordans time is now.She should be running against college or open competition because she is cable of running much faster than she is.Nobody in high school can come close to her.I think she would give alot of college girls a rn for there money right now too.

Re: Jordan Hasay needs better competition

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
    It comes a time in a runner of her calibers life when you have to run against the best to be the best,Jordans time is now.She should be running against college or open competition because she is cable of running much faster than she is.Nobody in high school can come close to her.I think she would give alot of college girls a rn for there money right now too.
    I assume she will be invited to the Prefontaine Classic. But which event? Should she run the 1,500, with a chance of being the first high-schooler to break 4:10? Or would she be better off in the 3,000 (if that's on the schedule), for a chance at sub-9:00? I think she is capable of either barrier right now.

Comment

So she shouldn't just enjoy her final few months in HS? She'll race hard this June, and then starting in the fall, she'll be in college and racing with the best collegians. I say let her stay low key as long as she can. Here's hoping she still enjoys competing 10 years from now.

Comment

uh low key?

Jordan Hasay has been in the spotlight since her freshaman year.Once she did as well as she did at the trials the jig was really up.She was on the cover of track and field news ,so the whole low key thing sounds um...........

Comment

Re: uh low key?

Jordan Hasay has been in the spotlight since her freshaman year.Once she did as well as she did at the trials the jig was really up.She was on the cover of track and field news, so the whole low key thing sounds um...........
          Low key refers to the racing she does, not the spotlight that follows her.

Comment

The big picture

Well she is hoping to make the Olympic team in 2012 so its time to turn it up.The U.S either overaces the top runners or overpamper them to the point of them having no international experience running.We need to have a medium somewhere.She is Im sure enjoying her senior year since she is a teenage girl,not just a runner.

Comment

Re: The big picture

Well she is hoping to make the Olympic team in 2012 so its time to turn it up.The U.S either overaces the top runners or overpamper them to the point of them having no international experience running.We need to have a medium somewhere.She is Im sure enjoying her senior year since she is a teenage girl,not just a runner.
              Jordan Hasay should do whatever it is that'll make you happy.

Comment

uh yeah

Its obviously running that makes her happy,so she should get the best out of her ability by running against the best.That is why she is going to oregon to be with the best.

Comment

Gotta hand it to Willwindhamerjr. He knows with certainty that Hasay could run much faster than she has already and that she had better start prepping immediately to make the Olympic team three years from now.. He also knows that Oregon will be the promised land for Hasay. He knows that jumping to college and open competition now would be good for Hasay and not be "overacing" (?) which is a bad thing. He knows Hasay well enough to be certain that she is enjoying her senior year and that abandoning high school competition so late in the game would have no negative effect. He knows just about everything except how to use an apostrophe.

Comment

um you

I dont have to be great or good in gramar,but Ido know how to spell my name which you obviously dont.You are a coward.Americans always are scared to take a chance thats why other countries pass us by when it comes to distance.Its called an opinion or do you not know what a forum is for.Jordan ran her fastest 1500 at the Olympic trials.Or do you need grammar to understand that?

Comment

to jhc8

What does running against better competition have to do with overacing?I never said oregon was the promised land Jordan did.Thats why she chose the school.Being a top athlete in track is the same as in baseball,basketbal,football.If you cant deal with pressure than be like every other mortal.

Comment

Take a deep breath, willwindhamjr ! People will take you more seriously here if you can spell things correctly and if you hold off on such sweeping statements. It was a cheap shot by me to attack your grammar but it seemed sort of symptomatic of your viewpoints which, to me, don't seem very credible or well reasoned.

Of course Hasay ran her fastest at the OT's (she's a great competitor) but do you really think that she should have run a new PR by mid-April of the next year? And, if she had done so, would that necessarily be a good thing for a 17 year-old looking for a long career? How many other women who ran that race have run faster so far this year?

Marlow is right, what's wrong with Hasay finishing her prep career and then taking the natural progression to D1 and national level competition? You are right, she has been in the spotlight for years now, and you voiced your own concern that too much racing, too soon is a problem for American elite runners. She and her advisors have done pretty well managing her so far (better than I would have expected, I admit!) so why second guess them now? My own apprehension is just the opposite of your's. I'd be more concerned that Hasay has already pushed too far, too young. She certainly has not ducked big time races in her young life!

Comment

Speak for yourself,and dont hide behind the other people of track and field news forum.I dont care about the popular vote because there are almost 200 people so far who care what I am saying.If you were so smart and logical,you wouldnt be going tit for tat with me.I can say whatever I want about Jordan or any other athlete.Its caleed freedom of speech.If you dont like it then go back to myspace where you were before.

Comment

Have at it Will. I think you should say whatever you want!

Comment

Well atleast we agree to disagree{lol}

Comment

Working...
                              X