Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Derrick Interview - Mark Wetmore Interview

The interview with Chris Derrick I think shows how level headed he is. I was also surprised to learn that he really hasn't done any crazy training yet. He probably has a much higher ceiling than I thought.

I think he eventually will be better than German Fernandez. He doesn't seem injury prone, and he has a pretty confident but calm demeanor.

http://www.tips4running.com/Running-Interviews.html

I just got another interview done with Mark Wetmore - The coach of the University of Colorado. The link is on the page now too.
    http://www.tips4running.com

Are you kidding me?

Cris Derick is good,but to say he is going to be better than German is a joke.German ran a 3:55 on conservative training,and rest.Remember he hurt himself at nationals,rested,and ran a 3:56 to start the indoor season.He ran a 3:55 with second place being a 4:05!

Comment

But German is hurt a lot, and Chris was only four places behind him at the world XC. I know he'll never be as fast in the mile or 3k, maybe even the 5k. I think his time will come though.
      http://www.tips4running.com

Comment

Re: Are you kidding me?

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
        Cris Derick is good,but to say he is going to be better than German is a joke.German ran a 3:55 on conservative training,and rest.Remember he hurt himself at nationals,rested,and ran a 3:56 to start the indoor season.He ran a 3:55 with second place being a 4:05!
        German Fernandez is an immense talent, but two things concern me about him: 1. he seems to be somewhat injury prone and 2. he has won so many races by so far that I'm not sure if he is a good racer...which is crucial in top level competitions.

Comment

German has had some injuries which have been minor.You questioning does he know how to race is a joke.He has been consitent which is the key to sucess.Also the fact that he is only 18 and might be our best miler next to Bernard Lagat.

Comment

Derrick will be better than Fernandez only if German continues with his injury problems, which I am afraid he is likely to do. Once injury prone....

Comment

?

Um what you said does not make sense.Once injury prone always injury prone.The guy is only 18 and can beat most of the usa milers.Derrick is good,but still finished behind an injury prone German in the world junior xc championships.

Comment

Re: ?

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
                The guy is only 18 and can beat most of the usa milers.
                Really!? He's shown us he can beat Lagat, and Webb, and Manzano, and Lomong, and Myers, and Rankin, and Lukezic, and Teg, and, for that matter, Rupp, and.....need I go on? Which of these has he even raced? He's a talent, for sure, but down time from two injuries in less than five months, hasn't mixed it up with the big boys except in World XC. Let's give him time.

Comment

Chris Derrick is not even the best miler on his university team. That honour belongs to a guy who just ran 1.50 in the 800m yesterday. Derrick's 800m is likely 1.54-1.55 at best.

From an online journal entry on milesplit he made two seasons ago: "I've never been a burner off the line (it's hard to be when you can't break two-minutes in the 800)..."

Comment

Comparing Fernandez and Derrick is somewhat of a case of apples and oranges. Derrick will eventually be a marathon guy, IMHO. I think he'd have a great shot at breaking Rupp's 10,000 AJR this year, but he most likely won't race a 25-lapper this year (or so I've read), so he'll have to try to get Galen's 5K record instead.

Comment

He has already show from XC that he can handle 10K; why not let him go for it on the track?!

Comment

Re: Chris Derrick Interview - He's the real deal!

Originally posted by CoachTief
                        The interview with Chris Derrick I think shows how level headed he is. I was also surprised to learn that he really hasn't done any crazy training yet.
                        He is from Illinois and didn't go to York H.S. so he does have a chance.

Comment

Note that he is entered in the Pac-10's 10K tonite, but there's speculation in the paper that he won't run.

Comment

Working...
                          X