X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooky...lay off the sugar, pal.
    "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

CM, you do realise that Jackson will likely only improve one second on this time from now through the end of september? (His PB is 47,30). In a perfect world, if he exponentially increased his season's best time over the following months, he should run:

48,1 in may
      47,9 in june
      47,7 in july
      47,5 in august
      47,3 in september

Jackson ran his second 400mh this season, two months following his last one, and chopped 0,74 off that time (or worth 0,37 per month). He's on schedule against his personal best. Finally, Jackson eclipsed 0,02 off his previous april best, set in 2006, when he ran 47,48. This is a whole three years later, and I can imagine he's happy with his progress against any other time he has competed in april... in his second race of the season.

Comment

I'm going to say it again: some of you guys are spoiled! :lol:

There are many countries that won't have 1 runner run sub 49 all year. I'd be delighted for any of our runners to run 48.32 at any point this year never mind in April when no one cares how fast you run.

Be thankful for what you've got and stop moaning about runners who are likely to take the first 4 places in the Worlds later this year! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
          This is a whole three years later, and I can imagine he's happy with his progress
          Maybe lost in this thread is that the 48.32 was from April 2008?

Comment

Yep. "Finally, Jackson eclipsed 0,02 off his previous april best..."

Comment

Jackson ran his second 400mh this season... and chopped 0,74 off that time
              Not quite. As Daisy and f/f have said, he did not run the 48.32 last weekend. His only races this year are:
              49.06 in Sydney on Feb 28
              DNF in Melbourne on Mar 5
              49.63 in Tempe on Apr 11
              DNS in Kansas on Apr 18

I have no idea why paulthefan created this thread about a performance set 12 months ago. The 48.32 was from the 2008 Kansas Relays. Juvier Culson won this year's edition with 49.47:
              http://www.deltatiming.com/results/htre ... 090415F100

http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=100/newsid=50247.html
              The invitational Men’s 400m Hurdles lost much of its lustre with the last-minute cancellation by Bershawn Jackson. The Beijing bronze winner had felt a slight hamstring problem during warm-ups.

Comment

Good call.

Comment

CM, you do realise that Jackson will likely only improve one second on this time from now through the end of september? (His PB is 47,30). In a perfect world, if he exponentially increased his season's best time over the following months, he should run:

48,1 in may
                  47,9 in june
                  47,7 in july
                  47,5 in august
                  47,3 in september

Jackson ran his second 400mh this season, two months following his last one, and chopped 0,74 off that time (or worth 0,37 per month). He's on schedule against his personal best. Finally, Jackson eclipsed 0,02 off his previous april best, set in 2006, when he ran 47,48. This is a whole three years later, and I can imagine he's happy with his progress against any other time he has competed in april... in his second race of the season.
                  Your theoretical progression is exactly what I've been trying to convey. It is not lost on me that most 400m runners run a second slower in April than their PR, at least in North America.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                    This is a whole three years later, and I can imagine he's happy with his progress
                    Maybe lost in this thread is that the 48.32 was from April 2008?
                    Which brings the thread closer to irrelevancy and should be erased, or at least moved to the Historical category. Even I thought the performance was from this year when I posted my first comment. Then I saw the rest of it and checked it out.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta

48,1 in may
                      47,9 in june
                      47,7 in july
                      47,5 in august
                      47,3 in september

Your theoretical progression is exactly what I've been trying to convey. It is not lost on me that most 400m runners run a second slower in April than their PR, at least in North America.
                      Why WOULD that time have been unimpressive in that case? It should be a time aligned with the status quo for the month; nothing more and nothing less.

Comment

Because I was far more impressed by those 48.4x performances by Bronson in February, 1998. And that was before he got dirty. Do I think I might have jumped the gun with my opinion on whether 48.3 in April was fast or not for that month? Probably. But I thought 48.4 in February was much better.

Did I miss something? This is last year's performance we're talking about, no?

Comment

Working...
                        X