Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Have A Winner! (Most Ridiculous Running Movie Premise)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Have A Winner! (Most Ridiculous Running Movie Premise)

Oh boy, don't quite know where to start with this one.

Well, saw the promo for this movie on Hallmark Channel due to premiere April 25th. Let's take a look at the premise shall we?

Senior high school football star Cameron is traumatized when his best friend is killed in a car accident that he feels responsible for.

When Cam learns that his best friend (a track star) was working on breaking the sub-four minute mile, he decides to honor his friend’s memory by accomplishing the goal for him. Cam is met with strong opposition from his football coach and father Gary (Treat Williams), who feels he's throwing his sports opportunities away.

The father-son disagreement begins to tear the family apart, but Cam continues to pursue his goal, hoping to put his friend’s memory to rest at last.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chasing_a_Dream

So, here we have a high school football star, picking up distance running from scratch just so he can break the 4 minute mile, in high school. Then, his father feels like that accomplishment, which apparently is being presented as challenging but hardly impossible lol, would be tantamount to throwing his sports opportunities away. But hey, when you have "Lou the track coach", how can you not break four?

I need to go lie down now :?
    There are no strings on me

Re: We Have A Winner! (Most Ridiculous Running Movie Premise

Originally posted by guru
    So, here we have a high school football star, picking up distance running from scratch just so he can break the 4 minute mile, in high school.
    Piece of cake, happens all the time. Where have you been? :roll:

Comment

Could be worse. They could have him shooting for the AR. :?

Comment

Just read the wiki entry. Good thing I haven't had breakfst yet, dry heaves aren't as messy.

Comment

Rudy, Rudy... :shock: :wink:
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Lou the track coach probably forgot to tell everyone it is a 1600...

Comment

Maybe for the sequel they can have him break the 3 min mile!

Comment

They could have a series of movies like this.

Premise: High school mathematical genius was on cusp of solving Riemann Hypothesis. Unfortunately, in an attempt to solo The Nose in under an hour, hero slipped and fell. Sadly, all his notes were on his iphone that fell with him.

Friend, decides right there and then to start doing well in school and get an A in AP Calculus and by movie's end solves the Riemann Hypothesis for his late departed buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                  So, here we have a high school football star, picking up distance running from scratch just so he can break the 4 minute mile, in high school.
                  Hey, what about Donald Thomas. His rise to world champion was pretty improbable.

Comment

Oh boy, don't quite know where to start with this one.

Well, saw the promo for this movie on Hallmark Channel due to premiere April 25th. Let's take a look at the premise shall we?

Senior high school football star Cameron is traumatized when his best friend is killed in a car accident that he feels responsible for.

When Cam learns that his best friend (a track star) was working on breaking the sub-four minute mile, he decides to honor his friend’s memory by accomplishing the goal for him. Cam is met with strong opposition from his football coach and father Gary (Treat Williams), who feels he's throwing his sports opportunities away.

The father-son disagreement begins to tear the family apart, but Cam continues to pursue his goal, hoping to put his friend’s memory to rest at last.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chasing_a_Dream

So, here we have a high school football star, picking up distance running from scratch just so he can break the 4 minute mile, in high school. Then, his father feels like that accomplishment, which apparently is being presented as challenging but hardly impossible lol, would be tantamount to throwing his sports opportunities away. But hey, when you have "Lou the track coach", how can you not break four?

I need to go lie down now :?
                    Let me guess...

He's a 350 lb offensive lineman?

That is ridiculous.
                    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                      Let me guess...

He's a 350 lb offensive lineman?

That is ridiculous.
                      And, due to the burning desire to fulfill his friend's dream - which has become contagious after his father tells him to cut it off, his cheerleader friends line up and pace him on alternate 100m segments around the track during training.

Comment

You mean none of you can run a 4 minute mile? I thought everyone could do it! :lol:

Comment

Few people know that Joe Montana ran a 3:55 mile in his high school p.e. class. If he wasn't wearing hightop tennis shoes we are looking at 3:40 easy.
                          phsstt!

Comment

I saw a lifetime movie once where these two autistic kids were being raised by their single mother. One of the kids was played by Zac Effron, who was a great runner in the movie. I wish I knew the name of it, and it wasn't actually that bad of a movie.
                            http://www.tips4running.com

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                              It's a simple formula:
                              ...gives John’s training log to him. In it is his formula for running a mile in under four minutes.
                              Miracle run is the film starring Zac Effron.

Comment

Working...
                              X