Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Have A Winner! (Most Ridiculous Running Movie Premise)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We Have A Winner! (Most Ridiculous Running Movie Premise

Originally posted by pherekydes
    Originally posted by "bad hammy
    It's a simple formula:
    [quote
    ...gives John’s training log to him. In it is his formula for running a mile in under four minutes.

Actually, it is a chemical formula involving the systematic disintegration of carbon/rubber via heat/friction over a lengthy period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
      Actually, it is a chemical formula involving the systematic disintegration of carbon/rubber via heat/friction over a lengthy period of time.
      It could be a simple formula for solving the Riemann hypothesis. :?

It's quite sad actually. A bunch of people are going to get the impression after watching this film that any HS footballer* can run a 4 minute mile after a couple of speed sessions.

*Well, maybe just the skill positions.

Comment

There's an RW interview with the scriptwriters now linked from the front page.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
          Originally posted by bad hammy
          Originally posted by guru
          So, here we have a high school football star, picking up distance running from scratch just so he can break the 4 minute mile, in high school.
          Piece of cake, happens all the time. Where have you been? :roll:
          Hey, what about Donald Thomas. His rise to world champion was pretty improbable.
          No, DT had great hops from day 1 (a 6' 6" HS-age jumper? Ask Becca (PVP) for details.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
            No, DT had great hops from day 1 (a 6' 6" HS-age jumper? Ask Becca (PVP) for details.
            I thought that day 1 to world champion was a pretty short time frame, possibly less than two years?

Comment

Well doesn't a 4.4 - 40 time equate to a 3:14 mile, so breaking 4 minutes shouldn't be that hard for a star football player. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                Oh boy, don't quite know where to start with this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chasing_a_Dream

So, here we have a high school football star, picking up distance running from scratch just so he can break the 4 minute mile, in high school. Then, his father feels like that accomplishment, which apparently is being presented as challenging but hardly impossible lol, would be tantamount to throwing his sports opportunities away. But hey, when you have "Lou the track coach", how can you not break four?

I need to go lie down now :?

I may be an old broken down retread and granted Im not rex read but I think it is a wonderful/beautiful STORY.. I have not seen it but if well written it would be worth seeing.
                ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

We can all be thankful it wasn't a 2 hour marathon. he vowed to achieve with a months training...

Comment

Was Webb ever a football player? I guess it is possible in HS as I imagine anyone with athletic talent could be on a team. Or in the case of Lonewolf's old school, anyone with a Y chromosome (he mentioned this in another thread somewhere).

Comment

Was Webb ever a football player? I guess it is possible in HS as I imagine anyone with athletic talent could be on a team. Or in the case of Lonewolf's old school, anyone with a Y chromosome (he mentioned this in another thread somewhere).

Now, THATS funny. :lol:

Comment

If running a 4 minute mile was only about inspiration and training your butt off, York H.S. would be fielding 4 or 5 sub-16:00 4 mile relay teams each year.

Comment

Webb started as a swimmer, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
                            If running a 4 minute mile was only about inspiration and training your butt off, York H.S. would be fielding 4 or 5 sub-16:00 4 mile relay teams each year.
                            But "Cam" is a genetic freak in the wrong sport. Never say never.

Originally posted by gh
                            No idea but swimmer turns to track works too.

How about swimmer honors friend by winning 8 gold medals, all Olympic records? Or is that too far fetched?

Comment

How about swimmer honors friend by winning 8 gold medals, all Olympic records? Or is that too far fetched?
                              Only if he switched from WR the previous week.

Sure didn't Eric the Eel take up swimming and shortly afterwards completed (just about) two whole lengths at the Olympic gala.

Watch out for Chad Eight-Five to win a 1500m place on USA's WC team. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                                That sounds familiar, maybe from the first time he appeared in TAFNEWS as a soph in HS.

Comment

Working...
                                X