Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun & games at Mt. SAC

(this from an e-mail I got):

<<....the entire computer system between clerk, finish, announcer and press area had a melt down before the meet started at 7:00 AM (and finished at 10 PM).

All the times are correct, but unfortunately in a great many
    events in all divisions the timing crew had no idea who was in the
    race and assigned times to teams as they had appeared in the entries,
    unable allow for all the scratches, race re-draws, etc.

I think most of the invitational events (the ones we all care about) are mostly correct. In seeded and open races we know that nearly every race was wrong. Whether the mess can ever be straightened out-- I don't know.

I have little faith in the results....>>

Yikes.

If they have the times can't they just manually reread the photos for the places? Or perhaps that's part of the problem - they don't know who the teams are who actually ran in a given heat. If they couldn't communicate redraws they shouldn't have done them. Ugly stuff.
    There are no strings on me

Comment

more e-mail:

<<.....The weather was the best in decades, nearly every event wind-legal,
      but the meet operation was the worst in my 40 years going there.
      Things like the interviewer on the field taking precedence over any
      announcements from the booth....>>

Reminds me that I got a text message during the meet yesterday which said that when Allyson Felix ran the sprint medley she didn't get a call from the announcers.... which was understandable, since it was a high school race that was scheduled to be on the track at the time!

Comment

The thing I really don't understand is why a number of the field event results are still unavailable.
        There are no strings on me

Comment

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Mt. SAC (and Penn too, for that matter, although not as frequently), ending up with some nonresponsive event links for an extended period after the meet over. Pretty easy to do when you start dealing with the number of sections each does.

Comment

My coverage of Mt. SAC begins with masters (including 43-year-old Alisa Harvey, who ran the 800 in 2:08), but I'll eventually be posting photos on a few elite invitational events:

http://masterstrack.com/blog/005564.html
            http://masterstrack.com/blog/005563.html

K E N
            K E N

Comment

gh keep us posted on the accuracy of the results. I don't want to upload them into athletic.net until I know they are right, so I appreciate a heads up on which ones are good and which ones aren't.

It sounds like all the field events are accurate, no? The links are screwy, it seems like there are two different pages for results:

http://www.mtsacrelays.com/archives/200 ... /index.htm
              http://www.mtsacrelays.com/archives/200 ... /index.htm

Seems like some work on one and some on the other (but not necessarily the one you would think based on the link), so if you are having trouble pulling up results, try the other link.

Comment

Becka, as of now (approx 1640 PDT), not much in the way of results on either of the links you give. Actually, the ....uo... flavor is what the home page here links. Since the UT mostly doesn't cover T&F, not much in the way of results. I guess it will sort out eventually. Guess I'll watch NBA

Comment

Originally posted by mike renfro
                  Becka, as of now (approx 1640 PDT), not much in the way of results on either of the links you give. Actually, the ....uo... flavor is what the home page here links. Since the UT mostly doesn't cover T&F, not much in the way of results. I guess it will sort out eventually. Guess I'll watch NBA
                  From another topic, you can scroll through some results of the Mt. SAC Relays by watching the races.

http://www.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php ... lder_id=-2

Comment

OK they updated all of the links: http://www.mtsacrelays.com/results.html

I couldn't get the results to pull up when I just clicked on them to view them in the frames, but when I open each event in a new window it worked. So far I have seen everything from Thursday and Friday, moving on to Saturday now...

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                      moving on to Saturday now...
                      Things I liked:

1 Welsch, Shakeema Unattached 13.92mq 1.6 45-08.00
                      2 Lewis, Yvette Hpc Elite 13.82mq 2.1 45-04.25
                      3 Alexander, Ayanna SJ Flight School 13.66mq 0.4 44-09.75
                      4 Marks, Shani Nike 13.63mq 0.8 44-08.75
                      5 Thieschafer, Amanda Unattached 13.55mq 0.6 44-05.50
                      6 Ufodiama, Blessing Unattached 13.47mq 1.9 44-02.50
                      7 Thayem, Nelly Unattached 13.44mq 2.2 44-01.25

1 Johnson, Chelsea Hpc Elite 4.55m 14-11.00
                      2 Janson, Lacy Hpc Elite 4.45m 14-07.25
                      3 Dragila, Stacy Hpc Elite 4.45m 14-07.25

1 Roulhac, Brandon Hpc Elite 16.97mq 1.7 55-08.25

Comment

The reposting of events continues. We have the correct results (or as correct as anyone is likely ever to see) on some events that have not been posted. Hopefully today's eTN will provide a respectable overview of at least the top-end events.

Comment

eTN19 has about as good a version of the results as we'll be able to produce (noting again that we're elitist and tht doesn't include every result in the meet)

Comment

Working...
                          X