This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas
    There are plenty of topics for any track fan to delve into on this board. I don't care about a lot of events so I ignore those threads. There it is right there. Choose what interests you, it works for me.
    You are correct, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
      I vote we settle it the old-fashioned way and have 'em mud wrestle
      Actually I was thinking they'd make a helluva Celebrity Death Match.

Comment

[quote="EPelle"]Those words revolve around:

hahaha, hmmm and sheesh. Other ones used for good measure are stoopid, stupid and/or any variation thereof. Finally, the word "fool" has been bandied about lately. [quote]

You left out the ever present "ok?" from Texas.
        If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Last Friday, in shutting down an eldrick/tex pissing match I said this:

<<This thread is now locked. For some reason I'm full of the milk of human kindness today and not just banning Eldrick and Texas outright for boorish behaviour (not the first time!).

If you can't have civil conversations without getting rude, get thee elsewhere.>>

With each starting up the same old thread under slightly different guise and generally being boorish, my milk of human kindness has evaporated. Both are now on extended vacation (again) until my mood improves. As they say, don't hold your breath.

Comment

I vote we settle it the old-fashioned way and have 'em mud wrestle and charge admission with the proceeds to go to the retired track commentator and statisticians help fund.
            :? Can't say I want to see men mud wrestle.

Throw the gloves on!
            Afrikan

Comment

Originally posted by Taliban
              I vote we settle it the old-fashioned way and have 'em mud wrestle and charge admission with the proceeds to go to the retired track commentator and statisticians help fund.

Throw the gloves on!
              Much less pay to see it.
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy

Throw the gloves on!
                Much less pay to see it.
                Well, give 'em gloves, swords, or feathers so they can try and tickle each other to submission. It was just, rather disturbingly, the first contest that came to mind.

Or we could set Texas to 400m training and Eldrick to 100m training and see who wins over 200m ...

By the way, I was going to make the admission price a crate of beer (except for Marlow) to be shared among the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy

Throw the gloves on!
                  Much less pay to see it.
                  Well, give 'em gloves, swords, or feathers so they can try and tickle each other to submission. It was just, rather disturbingly, the first contest that came to mind.

Or we could set Texas to 400m training and Eldrick to 100m training and see who wins over 200m ...

By the way, I was going to make the admission price a crate of beer (except for Marlow) to be shared among the audience.
                  :lol:
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

I know this puts me well out of the mainstream here -- essentially the story of my life -- but I really dig Texas and Eldrick and appreciate 99.9% of the things they bring to the table here. At the end of the day, we're all passionate for T&F and there's a bond there. The two of them are as passionate as it gets. Sure, they each have strong character and opinions, which may take some outside-of-the-box thinking to fully appreciate those.
                    It humbles me immensely. I consider myself an unreconstructed T&F buff, yet I don't even approach the doorstep of the passion they bring. I also have a great respect for the fact that their collective knowledge of stats and history would provide enough for a very decent encyclopedia of the sport.
                    Accentuate the positive gang, and appreciate them for being fellow T&F aficionados.

Comment

Originally posted by richxx87
                      they each have strong character and opinions, which may take some outside-of-the-box thinking to fully appreciate those.
                      It's not always what one says, but the way it's said. Their constant insults of each other did them in, not their facts or opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                        Originally posted by richxx87
                        they each have strong character and opinions, which may take some outside-of-the-box thinking to fully appreciate those.
                        It's not always what one says, but the way it's said. Their constant insults of each other did them in, not their facts or opinions.
                        As track and field brothers, i have affection for both Eldy and Tex but the rules here are no personal insults and we should honor that. Having said that, there is a part of me who actually enjoyed reading the shit storm. ops:
                        phsstt!

Comment

Their banning had nothing to do with what they said to each other.

Comment

Working...
                          X