Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank Goodness for eTN

What's happened to these boards?

It seems like I used to be able to pop in on these boards and get a quick temperature check of what happened over the last weekend.

But outside of Bershawn Jackson's 48.32, there wasn't a peep. In fact most of the chatter was hooey about who's on drugs and how Allen Webb looked in a 3:58 mile.

Meanwhile, thanks to eTN, I found out about:

Jeter's 10.96!!
    Reggie Wyatt 46.38
    Fam : 13:17
    Merritt 20.17
    Willer 14' 3 1/4" AJR!
    McCullough 256-9 (#2 all time HS) (Heck, Dyestat didn't even report that)

Have people migrated to another board? Are less people on these boards than before? Is everyone sleeping until Relays weekend? it just me?

Thanks again for eTN, you're a savior.

Re: Thank Goodness for eTN

Originally posted by BCBaroo

Jeter's 10.96!! (Discussed)
    Reggie Wyatt 46.38 (Discussed)
    McCullough (Discussed)
    Willer (Discussed)
    Merritt (Discussed)

Comment

But outside of Bershawn Jackson's 48.32...
      ...which is a performance that didn't even happen last weekend! (It was from 12 months ago).

Comment

That's a pretty good commercial for eTN, which is, of course, ESSENTIAL to any serious fan!!

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle

Jeter's 10.96!! (Discussed)
          Reggie Wyatt 46.38 (Discussed)
          McCullough (Discussed)
          Willer (Discussed)
          Merritt (Discussed)
          I've gone back and tried to find where all these mentions are, and I found Wyatt and Jeter (a deserved discussion header - it just slipped to page 2).
          I guess maybe the Mt. Sac gremlins made this weekend a bit of an oddity.

In order to read about Willer's AJR I would have had to opened the "Arkansas event moved indoors" thread.

Still couldn't find a few of the others, but if you say they're there, they probably are. NOT trying to be a nitpick. Just noting that these boards feel less "informative" of late. If I'm alone in feeling that, then so be it.

Then again, maybe I'm just drinking too much and I read about Jeter during wine cooler fueled blackouts.

And again, thank heaven for eTN. Worth the money and then some.

And Epelle, thanks for your enthusiasm.

Comment

The only reason I knew a couple of them were there was I searched on their names... had NO idea before for the same reasons you are stating ops:

Comment

I think you have a point, I would have really liked to see these performances placed as thread topics rtaher than being lost as jiberish on some other thread that never gave them enough justice. Really seems ike we have lost our way.

Comment

I really struggled finding results this past weekend as well - things may have been discussed but I couldn't find most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
                  I really struggled finding results this past weekend as well - things may have been discussed but I couldn't find most of them.
                  I think we should start a concerted appeal to our fellow posters and the Moderator to seed more performance based discussions with a view of airing performances around the world by posting threads with the titled times or marks ( like a report of what happened in your parts of town). There really are too many Eldrickesque discusssions on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Henry
                    Originally posted by Matt
                    I think we should start a concerted appeal to our fellow posters and the Moderator to seed more performance based discussions with a view of airing performances around the world by posting threads with the titled times or marks ( like a report of what happened in your parts of town). There really are too many Eldrickesque discusssions on the board.
                    Agreed.

To their credit, Dyestat does now have a McCullough mention, plus Finley's monster weekend (which does now have a Topic line on this beloved site).

Comment

I agree with BCBaroo and Paul Henry etc who would like to see more discussion boards on results. I too had difficulty finding results info lately and you almost need a sixth sense to know where to look.

There are so many informed readers on this board I am sure most of us would appreciate it if they would pass it on quickly.

I am most appreciative of the contributions of Marlow and EPELLE and a few others and wish others with inside info would pass on their knowledge as well, especially when they have seen the action
                      up close and personal.

Comment

It seems like I used to be able to pop in on these boards and get a quick temperature check of what happened over the last weekend. ......
                        Have people migrated to another board? Are less people on these boards than before? Is everyone sleeping until Relays weekend? it just me?

Thanks again for eTN, you're a savior.
                        Far as I know our overall traffic (readership) is up. Methinks we're just getting a phenomenon I've seen on other Boards: it takes energy to be a Poster and most/many people devolve into being Lurkers.

But I agree that there are fewer people actually instigating and responding to posts.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          But I agree that there are fewer people actually instigating and responding to posts.
                          [sung to the Mighty Mouse theme music]

Here I come to save the day!
                          That means that Marlow Man is on the way!!!

Comment

I also think that one of the biggest board-killers is when too few voices do all the talking, making others feel overwhelmed, which is why I sometimes go dark for days at a time unless there are truly invigorating topics to be introduced.

Comment

Working...
                            X