X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn Relays Will Have Live Streaming

story here about how to get to the link

http://www.thepennrelays.com/ViewArticl ... ID=3724883

note that it also says that after the race is finished, it will be Archived for later viewing.

Comment

this news is orgasmic

Comment

Live streaming and archiving is welcome, of course. But it's oh so 2002.

Key here is quality of commentary.

Mt. SAC Relays last weekend were streamed, but the Flocast version (at least) had pathetic race calls. So many mistakes, omissions and wrong info I couldn't keep track. And that was just the handful of races I saw.

Hope Penn does better.

K E N
        K E N

Comment

If the Flotrack guys didn't have accurate start lists (which I gather they didn't in many cases), they can be forgiven whatever errors they caused.

Comment

Penn's streaming was supposed to begin with the now-completed women's DM. I haven't had a chance to look.

Comment

Any grades to hand out on the streaming?

Comment

What am I doing wrong? It asks for a code to register..

Comment

I watched the 4X1500 at lunch. They have the audio from the main announcer it seems. The guy was doing a decent job. The video was of reasonable quality for internet video. The camera following of the race was at times a little flaky, but I don't think that should be a surprise. On my system it was very loud when he came on so I made sure and use my headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    Sitting at my office desk in Kingston, A+
                    Regards,
                    toyracer

Comment

How awesome is it that an event like the Penn Relays is streaming live AND has archives of the races...

AND Flotrack has videos of the races...

AND RunnerSpace has videos of the races...

That just has to make you smile as a track fan that the sport is getting that kind of exposure. Love it!

Comment

The live stream is clearly just whatever is being shown on the video board at Franklin Field. This explains why every :45-1:00, the lane assignments or results from the previous race take up the entire screen. I missed almost every exchange and intermediate split of the 4xmile, as well as the entire last leg of the men's 4x1. A nice idea, guys, but thoroughly useless if I can't see the finish.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

It is terrible! I clicked on the link each time before when race starts and all I got sometimes is a Jumptv screen saying thank you for purchasing this event. I had to click on the event about 3 to 4 times to see event. I am very disappointed, because I was off yesterday and off today and was looking forward to see my fellow Jamaicans compete, since I can't make it in person. I am in Maryland and Using Cable high speed internet and the streaming is still giving problems.

I watch BOYS and GIRLS championship live from Jamaica streaming on CVMTV a few weeks ago and I had no problems watching. So upset, I missed the Record run of Calabar 4x100m. Hopefully ESPN 2 will show the race later in their waterdown broadcast of the PENN RELAYS.

FINAL grade is a C-

Comment

atrocious!

D-

Comment

My god. What's worse: The promised but non-existent live streaming, or the completely incapable announcing and production value of the ESPN crew? I got through 1/2 of the (commercial interrupted!) men's 4x8 before muting Lewis Johnson's completely bewildered announcing. Turned the sound back on in time to hear Ato tell us that Penn State "had to be feeling good" about their chances with a 1:48 anchor when anyone who follows the collegiate sport semi-seriously could have seen that Jacob Hernandez was almost literally licking his chops in second place.

You know the sport guys, learn how to communicate it.

If Walt's not available to do the spotting for Penn, I will be glad to pay for my own train ticket down next year to sit next to the announcing team for the collegiate races. Johnson shouldn't have to resort to repeated apologies of "sorry, just trying to pick out who these teams are -- it's touch to see".

Comment

Working...
                              X