Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It suprises me to see Powell being written off so easily.

From what we have seen, Bolt is the faster man - the fastest man - but not by so much that he can commit a major error and always get away with it.

Plus, Powell does always seem to crumble under the pressure - but it would only take one run for him not to.

My money would always be against Powell unless the competiton really were nowhere near him, but I would delighted to see him take the major title.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
      Bolt has to be "way faster" than Powell week-in, and week-out, however. He's not. He lost to Powell in Sthlm, 9,88 - 9,89 when he had established that he could run as fast as 9,72 with Powell entering with a season's best 9,90 that day.
      So....since that race, has Powell beaten Bolt. Just remember thier last race bolt came from behind and beat powell by 6 100ths of a second, and bolt got a reaaaally bad start. i'm sure if he had got anywhere near as good a start as powell, or the same start he had in beijing, he would be way faster than powell, i really don't see powell beating bolt, unless bolts injured, or he doesn't run a full race

Comment

Powell AT Penns

Well just got back from Penn's. Was very surprised that Asafa Powell was there and participated in the 4*100M. Alas however Powell who ran the anchor leg pulled up and finished last. He got the baton around 4 th or 5 th and I remember thinking to myself there is no way he is going to catch the runners ahead of him. And then he just slowed and pulled up. It looked a little staged to my eyes, but I do not want to make light of it, maybe it was a genuine injury.
        The Social News Site For T&F - http://runzoom.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon18
          So....since that race, has Powell beaten Bolt. Just remember thier last race bolt came from behind and beat powell by 6 100ths of a second, and bolt got a reaaaally bad start. i'm sure if he had got anywhere near as good a start as powell, or the same start he had in beijing, he would be way faster than powell, i really don't see powell beating bolt, unless bolts injured, or he doesn't run a full race
          Two things: It wouldn't be in one's best interest to point to their last race, because it was in 2008. Bolt should not be in that shape or condition to-date. Second, do any athletes, who are "way faster" than their competition, ever lose... especially in a compact, short-sprint like the 100m? Win-streaks come to an end in the 200m and 400m by guys "way faster" than their competition for any number of reasons.

These arguments for Bolt are built on a premise that if Bolt got a better start he would this... he would that... However, in 2008, Bolt didn't get those starts and ran 9,69 in Beijing and a converted 9,69 in Bruxelles. Give Bolt these good starts and the complexion of the race changes, no? His two 9,69 races (actual and wind/altitude corrected) have been run from behind with bad starts, and that element is part of what pushed him to those fast times last year. What was his best time with a good start? Not 9,69.

Now, in 2009, it will be interesting to see how his start has developed AND if he can continue running as fast as he did last year.

Comment

After seeing Asafa hobble at Penn, I am sure Ato will change his prediction now.
            Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
              After seeing Asafa hobble at Penn, I am sure Ato will change his prediction now.
              From Powell to Gay?
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                From Powell to Gay?

lol. Who cares what Ato thinks. Jamaicans don't . I don't.

Usain is da man and will be our saviour in Berlin.
                Cows need love too

Comment

Working...
                X