4/25/09 4:00 PM ESPN2 USA vs. the World at the Penn Relays
    4/26/09 2:00 PM ESPN2 100th Drake Relays
    5/16/09 8:00 PM ESPN2 adidas Track Classic
    5/30/09 4:30 PM NBC Reebok Grand Prix
    6/7/09 2:00 PM NBC Nike Prefontaine Classic
    6/26/09 8:00 PM ESPN USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships
    6/27/09 7:30 PM ESPN USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships
    6/28/09 4:00 PM NBC USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

NBC should be carrying the World Championship. Its digital subchannel( NBC Universal Sports TV) however will be carrying much more extensive coverage during the week.

Universal Sports TV Track Schedule

IAAF World Athletics Tour - Doha, Qatar

Fri, May 08 Super Grand Prix at Doha, Qatar

IAAF Golden League

Sun, Jun 14 Golden League Championships at Berlin, GER

Fri, Jul 03 Golden League Championships at Oslo, NOR

IAAF World Athletics Tour - Lausanne, SUI

Tue, Jul 07 Super Grand Prix at Lausanne, SUI

IAAF Golden League

Fri, Jul 10 Golden League Championships at Rome, ITA

IAAF World Youth Championships

Sun, Jul 12 World Youth Championships at Bressanone, ITA

IAAF Golden League

Fri, Jul 17 Golden League Championships at Paris, FRA

IAAF World Athletics Tour - London

Fri, Jul 24 Super Grand Prix at London, GBR

IAAF World Athletics Tour - Monte Carlo, MON

Tue, Jul 28 Super Grand Prix at Monte Carlo, MON

IAAF World Athletics Tour - Stockholm, SWE

Fri, Jul 31 Super Grand Prix at Stockholm, SWE

IAAF World Athletics Championships

Sat, Aug 15 World Athletics Championships at Berlin,

IAAF Golden League

Fri, Aug 28 Golden League Championships at Zurich, SUI
    Fri, Sep 04 Golden League Championships at Brussels, BEL

IAAF World Athletics Final

Sat, Sep 12 World Athletics Final at Thessaloniki, GRE
    Cows need love too

I am a sucker for just the local coverage. I like watching the track meets on the Big Ten Network. Most of them are tape delayed though.
    http://www.tips4running.com

Comment

I think I watched a local meet on the Big Ten Network sometime ago. It was boring as hell.
      Cows need love too

Comment

Do we actually know (with any degree of certainty greater than 10%) who is covering the golden league in the US this year. It seems like most years they wait until around May and then announce that espn/espn2/espetc is covering the golden league.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2
          Do we actually know (with any degree of certainty greater than 10%) who is covering the golden league in the US this year. It seems like most years they wait until around May and then announce that espn/espn2/espetc is covering the golden league.

According to the schedule, Universal Sports will be broadcasting the Golden League, the Super Grand Prix Meets , the World Championship and the World Athletics Finals in addition to a few other meets.

The Universal Sports TV schedule was copied directly from their website. Universal Sports is a digital subchannel that is located in many cities. It is not broadcast on a national basis. If you are not familiar with the channel, check their website to see if the channel is available where you live.

Also, Universal Sports usually broadcast their feeds for free live on their website www.universalsports.com
          Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
            Universal Sports is a digital subchannel that is located in many cities. It is not broadcast on a national basis. If you are not familiar with the channel, check their website to see if the channel is available where you live.
            I typed in my Eugene zip code..

Comcast..not available
            Dish...not available
            Direct TV....not available.

So the result for me is that Universal Sports is......................not available. :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by jkjoregon
              Universal Sports is a digital subchannel that is located in many cities. It is not broadcast on a national basis. If you are not familiar with the channel, check their website to see if the channel is available where you live.

Comcast..not available
              Dish...not available

So the result for me is that Universal Sports is......................not available. :evil:

Here is the link to where Universal Sports is available in the US
              http://www.universalsports.tv/Universal ... on_TV.html

As you can see, it is available in Oregon but not on any cable/satellite network yet in your area (it is an over the air digital station) . Your best bet (if you have one of the newer digital TV's) is to hook up an antenna(an indoor version should be fine) and attach it to your digital televison. That's what I did intially since it took my cable company 7 months to add the station after it started over the air operations in my area.

An alternative will be to watch it online since the universalsports website does cover it live . Events are broadcast for free on its website.

As stated before, the website www.universalsports.com also broadcast the events on its website(for free)
              Cows need love too

Comment

According to the schedule, Universal Sports will be broadcasting the Golden League, the Super Grand Prix Meets , the World Championship and the World Athletics Finals in addition to a few other meets.

The Universal Sports TV schedule was copied directly from their website. Universal Sports is a digital subchannel that is located in many cities. It is not broadcast on a national basis. If you are not familiar with the channel, check their website to see if the channel is available where you live.

Also, Universal Sports usually broadcast their feeds for free live on their website www.universalsports.com
                I am afraid, their info is not reliable. They had advertised to cover the entire hockey WC (as they did in the past). As the championship approached, they will only cover the semi's and finals (TV and webcast). Quite disappointing for some of us. Let's see, how many of their advertised T&F meets will they eventually cover.
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego

I am afraid, their info is not reliable. They had advertised to cover the entire hockey WC (as they did in the past). As the championship approached, they will only cover the semi's and finals (TV and webcast). Quite disappointing for some of us. Let's see, how many of their advertised T&F meets will they eventually cover.
                  Your are correct. They were supposed to show the World Junior Championships last year and they didn't.
                  Cows need love too

Comment

I think this year, we will have the most televised track meets than any other year on TV.
                    Cows need love too

Comment

Universal Sports just added the Utech Classic to its on-demand section of its website.

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewArti ... ID=3724122

A group of Beijing Olympic medalists from Jamaica highlighted action at the second Utech Track and Field Classic at the National Stadium in Kingston on Saturday.

Women’s Olympic 100-meter champion Shelly Ann-Fraser of the Kingston based MVP Track Club finished second in the women’s 200 meters in 23.44. Rosemarie Whyte of GC Foster College won the event in 23.01.

Michael Frater and Nesta Carter of MVP, members of the Jamaica men’s Olympic 4x100m relay team, ran the second and third legs in the event in Kingston for the winning MVP track club, which clocked a 38.46. Cuba finished second in 38.61.

In the men’s 200 meters, Carter finished third and Frater was fifth. Roberto Perez of Cuba won the event in 20.38.

In the women’s invitational 400m hurdles, Olympic champion Melanie Walker of the MVP Track Club finished third in 53.23.

The meet was organized by the MVP club, whose athletes won seven medals, including three golds, at the Beijing Games.
                      Cows need love too

Comment

Updated Track Schedule on US TV

5/16/09 8:00 PM ESPN2 adidas Track Classic
                        5/30/09 4:30 PM NBC Reebok Grand Prix
                        6/7/09 2:00 PM NBC Nike Prefontaine Classic
                        6/8/09 12:00 PM Universal IAAF Super Grand Prix - Doha
                        6/8/09 8:00 PM Universal Nike Prefontaine Classic
                        6/14/09 2:00 PM Universal IAAF Golden League - Berlin
                        6/26/09 8:00 PM ESPN USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships
                        6/27/09 7:30 PM ESPN USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships
                        6/28/09 4:00 PM NBC USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships
                        7/7/09 12:00 PM Universal IAAF Super Grand Prix - Lausanne
                        7/10/09 2:00 PM Universal IAAf Golden League - Rome
                        7/12/09 8:00 PM Universal IAAF World Youth Championships
                        7/17/09 2:00 PM Universal IAAF Golden League - Paris
                        7/24/09 1:00 PM Universal IAAF Golden League - London
                        7/25/09 1:00 PM Universal IAAF Golden League - London
                        7/28/09 3:00 PM Universal IAAF Golden League - Monte Carlo
                        7/31/09 2:00 PM Universal IAAF Super Grand Prix - Stockholm
                        8/15/09 1:00 PM NBC IAAF World Championships in Athletics
                        8/16/09 2:00 PM NBC IAAF World Championships in Athletics
                        8/22/09 1:00 PM NBC IAAF World Championships in Athletics
                        8/23/09 2:00 PM NBC IAAF World Championships in Athletics
                        8/28/09 2:00 PM Universal IAAF Golden League - Zurich
                        8/30/09 1:00 PM NBC IAAF Golden League - Zurich
                        9/4/09 2:00 PM Universal IAAF Golden League - Brussels
                        9/6/09 2:00 PM NBC IAAF Golden League - Brussels
                        9/12/09 7:00 PM Universal IAAF World Athletics Final
                        9/13/09 7:00 PM Universal IAAF World Athletics Final
                        Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by jkjoregon

Comcast..not available
                          Dish...not available

There is a fourth option to scroll down to - Over the Air. Unfortunately, I plugged in a Eugene zip code and that option is unavailble there too.

It is available in the SF Bay Area and I did get the Doha meet. It was not in high-def.

Comment

An additional note, for several years now most of the major Conference Championship meets have showed up on several of the Fox Sports regional networks. The Big Ten meet will obviously be on the Big Ten network. My DVR just recently recorded the Jesse Owens meet on the Big Ten network.

Comment

Just to note that on Universal Sports, the meets are repeated several times after the original air date.

I have seen on the TV guide, repeats of the Doha meet about 4 times since the original showing last Friday, thus, no need to panic if you miss the orignal broadcast.
                              Cows need love too

Comment

Working...
                              X