Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Womens SMR WR/WB(?) smashed at Penn

3:34.56 Sheri-Ann Brooks, Rosemarie Whyte, Moya Thompson (1:37.14), Kenia Sinclair (1:57.42)

Old record 3:37.16.

Re: Womens SMR WR/WB(?) smashed at Penn

Originally posted by BisonHurdler
    3:34.56 Sheri-Ann Brooks, Rosemarie Whyte, Moya Thompson (1:37.14), Kenia Sinclair (1:57.42)

Old record 3:37.16.
    That's a really impressive split by Sinclair this early in the season. Her best open 800m is 1:57.88, and that was three years ago....

http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/biographie ... index.html

Comment

Moya Thompson's 1:37.14 is even faster though! :-)

(took me a while to figure out that the first number is the composite for the first three runners)

Comment

Also a good 800 by Maria Savinova who anchored the Russian team (finished second to Jamaica). Her 1:58.03 is faster than her open 800m of 1:58.10i.

Must have been some race between Sinclair and Savinova?

Comment

1 Jamaica 3:34.56 Sheri-Ann Brooks, Rosemarie Whyte, Moya Thompson, Kenia Sinclair (1:57.43) JAM
          2 Russia 3:37.37 Anna Geflikh, Daria Safonova, Antonia Krivoshapha, Maria Savinova (1:58.03) RUS
          3 USA Blue 3:38.36 Rachelle Smith, Ebonie Floyd, Debbie Dunn, Hazel Clark (2:01.78) USA-b
          4 USA White 3:39.07 Juanita Broaddus, Natalie Knight, Miriam Barnes, Alysia Johnson (2:00.20) USA-w
          5 Great Britain 3:40.38 Christine Ohuruogu, Nicola Sanders, Perri Shakes-Drayton, Jemma Simpson (2:00.92) GBR
          6 World All-Stars 3:41.04 Laverne Jones, Carol Rodriguez, Domonique Holmes, Jesse Carlin (2:03.68) WAS

Comment

I would imagine that's one of Jemma Simpson's fastest season openers, 2:00.9 as well!

Was just wondering if there was any chance of getting the splits for the other legs? I imagine a few Brits would be interested in Sanders' 200 and Perri Shakes-Drayton's 400 splits.

A 1:57 opener is serious stuff though for Kenia Sinclair! I didn't expect the Jams to beat the Ruskies today!

Comment

Originally posted by joeltetreault
              Also a good 800 by Maria Savinova who anchored the Russian team (finished second to Jamaica). Her 1:58.03 is faster than her open 800m of 1:58.10i.

Must have been some race between Sinclair and Savinova?
              No it was not. The USA team's anchor, Hazel Clark, got the baton ahead of Sinclair. Sinclair stayed behind Hazel Clark for the first lap. At approximately 500 meters, Sinclair pulls ahead of Clark and increases her lead over Clark and the entire filed.

Savionova closes fast to catch and pass Clark in the last 60 meters, but Snclair had already destroyed the field.

Another world record for Jamaica. But because the IAAF does not recognize the Sprint Medley Relay, it will be officially called a world's best.

Comment

Yeah I just watched the race on TV, the Russians were close to last at the last baton exchange.

Comment

Does anyone have any video footage, by any chance?!??!

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                    I didn't expect the Jams to beat the Ruskies today!
                    The Russians are not normally in any sort of racing shape in April, unlike the Jamaicans, who start their season early in spring.
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      1 Jamaica 3:34.56 Sheri-Ann Brooks, Rosemarie Whyte, Moya Thompson, Kenia Sinclair (1:57.43) JAM
                      :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames
                        Everything is archived at the Penn Relays website.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                          Thanks!

Comment

except the USA/World races as USATF has proprietary rights.

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                              except the USA/World races as USATF has proprietary rights.
                              I thought I was going mad! Explains a lot... :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X