X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. men break 3:00 at Penn

START LIST

ID SCHOOL/AFFILIATION
    BAH Bahamas Andrea Williams, Michael Mathieu, Nathaniel McKinney, Christopher Brown
    DOM Dominican Republic Kelvin Herrera, Arismendy Peguero, Yon Soriano, Alvin Harrison
    JAM Jamaica Michael Blackwood, Ansert Whyte, Sanjay Ayre, Dewayne Barrett
    NGR Nigeria Akobundu Ikwuakor, Oluwagbenga Awoleye, Ibuku Akiremi, Selim Nurudeen
    TRI Trinidad & Tobago Renny Quow, Jovon Toppin, Sherridan Kirk, Jarren Soloman
    USA-b USA Blue Jamal Torrance, Craig Everhart, Wallace Spearmon, Darold Williamson
    USA-r USA Red Kerron Clement, Angelo Taylor, David Neville, LaShawn Merritt

1 USA Red 2:59.78 Kerron Clement (45.7), Angelo Taylor (44.6), David Neville (45.27), LaShawn Merritt (44.26) USA-r
    2 Bahamas 3:00.29 Andrea Williams (46.4), Michael Mathieu (45.3), Nathaniel McKinney (44.24), Christopher Brown (44.35) BAH
    3 USA Blue 3:00.58 Jamal Torrance (46.0), Craig Everhart (44.8), Wallace Spearmon (45.50), Darold Williamson (44.25) USA-b
    4 Jamaica 3:02.21 Michael Blackwood (45.5), Ansert Whyte (46.2), Sanjay Ayre (45.27), Dewayne Barrett (45.24) JAM
    5 Dominican Republic 3:02.32 Kelvin Herrera (47.6), Arismendy Peguero (45.0), Yon Soriano (45.16), Alvin Harrison (44.56) DOM
    6 Trinidad & Tobago 3:03.57 Renny Quow (45.9), Jovon Toppin (46.6), Sherridan Kirk (46.25), Jarren Soloman (44.86) TRI
    7 Nigeria 3:14.16 Akobundu Ikwuakor (47.6), Oluwagbenga Awoleye (49.5), Ibuku Akiremi (48.20), Selim Nurudeen (48.85) NGR

Imaagine Bahamas later this year when yearly world leader (45.01) Latoya Williams is available.

Comment

James Carter one unhappy camper lol.

http://twitter.com/JayAlbert/status/1616066975
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru
        James Carter one unhappy camper lol.

http://twitter.com/JayAlbert/status/1616066975
        CARTER is a joke anyway. Has been since the world champs when he turned and called to the runner behind him to 'come on'

Comment

Lashinda Demus chimes in.

http://twitter.com/LashindaDemus/status/1616118141
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Nice job by Merritt and DWill.

This is a good sign for DWill. He made it Beijing last year but didnt run in the final.

But I believe he opened with a 45.x in Waco and now splits low 44 at Penn.
            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
              Nice job by Merritt and DWill.

This is a good sign for DWill. He made it Beijing last year but didnt run in the final.

But I believe he opened with a 45.x in Waco and now splits low 44 at Penn.
              He didn't even run heats. Clement & Witherspoon did. As Elvis sang: "Its now or never" for DWill in 2009. I hope he PRs.
              none

Comment

Is Alvin Harrison an Dominican citizen now? I noticed that he competed for in the DOM NC earlier this year, but IAAF shows him at USA still.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  1 USA Red 2:59.78 Kerron Clement (45.7), Angelo Taylor (44.6), David Neville (45.27), LaShawn Merritt (44.26) USA-r
                  2 Bahamas 3:00.29 Andrea Williams (46.4), Michael Mathieu (45.3), Nathaniel McKinney (44.24), Christopher Brown (44.35) BAH
                  3 USA Blue 3:00.58 Jamal Torrance (46.0), Craig Everhart (44.8), Wallace Spearmon (45.50), Darold Williamson (44.25) USA-b
                  4 Jamaica 3:02.21 Michael Blackwood (45.5), Ansert Whyte (46.2), Sanjay Ayre (45.27), Dewayne Barrett (45.24) JAM
                  5 Dominican Republic 3:02.32 Kelvin Herrera (47.6), Arismendy Peguero (45.0), Yon Soriano (45.16), Alvin Harrison (44.56) DOM
                  6 Trinidad & Tobago 3:03.57 Renny Quow (45.9), Jovon Toppin (46.6), Sherridan Kirk (46.25), Jarren Soloman (44.86) TRI
                  7 Nigeria 3:14.16 Akobundu Ikwuakor (47.6), Oluwagbenga Awoleye (49.5), Ibuku Akiremi (48.20), Selim Nurudeen (48.85) NGR

Imaagine Bahamas later this year when yearly world leader (45.01) Latoya Williams is available.
                  What happened to Torrance? He ran 45.31 three weeks ago. He seemed to be ready for a PR year!
                  none

Comment

I just juxtaposed photos in T&FN with the "pause" on my DVR. It appears to me that Everhart led off with 46.0 while Torrance ran 44.8 -- not the other way around .

Can anyone who is familiar with these sprinters please clarify? Thanks.
                    none

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
                      I just juxtaposed photos in T&FN with the "pause" on my DVR. It appears to me that Everhart led off with 46.0 while Torrance ran 44.8 -- not the other way around .

From what I understand X was suppose to run in Everhart spot, but the didn't know what type of shape X was in because of his hamstring. So Everhart was put on the relay Friday night. Everhart lead off with 46.0 and Torrance ran second, followed by Spearmon then Williamson. Would have been nice to keep X on their.

Comment

Originally posted by laptop2go

From what I understand X was suppose to run in Everhart spot, but the didn't know what type of shape X was in because of his hamstring. So Everhart was put on the relay Friday night. Everhart lead off with 46.0 and Torrance ran second, followed by Spearmon then Williamson. Would have been nice to keep X on their.
                        I agree. "X-Man" ran 20.33w last week, so I assume that his hamstring is OK. He started 0.76 sec. behind Christopher & finished 0.36 sec. behind, so he had plenty of competition. Thanks for the info "laptop2go." Louis Johnson also said that Everhart had led off & I assume that he recognizes the top runnners.
                        none

Comment

Originally posted by laptop2go

I agree. "X-Man" ran 20.33w last week, so I assume that his hamstring is OK. He started 0.76 sec. behind Christopher & finished 0.36 sec. behind, so he had plenty of competition. Thanks for the info "laptop2go." Louis Johnson also said that Everhart had led off & I assume that he recognizes the top runnners.
                          Either the announcing or the spotting of the runners at Penn was pretty poor all around. They didn't seem to know who anyone was.

Comment

Originally posted by pela2
                            Is Alvin Harrison an Dominican citizen now? I noticed that he competed for in the DOM NC earlier this year, but IAAF shows him at USA still.
                            He married a Dominican woman and has taken out DR citizenship. I haven't looked to see where he stands in terms of a change of allegiance for a meet the level of the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              Originally posted by pela2
                              He married a Dominican woman and has taken out DR citizenship. I haven't looked to see where he stands in terms of a change of allegiance for a meet the level of the WC.
                              I don't think that USATF would block AH competing. What is his status re the drug thing? He got some ban, I thought, but apparantly that is over. Or someone was asleep at entry time.

Comment

Working...
                              X