http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/15700/l ... 22F015.htm

that's an AL

Comment

Isn't it raining and cool there?
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
        Isn't it raining and cool there?
        Yesterday it was 83 in Madison; today it was close 43 at the same time of day and raining harder in the morning and lightly the rest of the day. This weather is often imported from the west -- Iowa. [added actual data for Des Moines]

25 16:54 N 13 4.00 Thunderstorm Light Rain Fog/Mist OVC006 49 45 30.02 1016.5
        25 15:54 NE 12 5.00 Fog/Mist BKN008 OVC012 49 45 30.02 1016.6 0.01 0.02
        25 14:54 NE 12 4.00 Light Rain Fog/Mist SCT007 OVC010 48 44 30.02 1016.7
        25 13:54 N 13 2.50 Light Rain Fog/Mist BKN007 OVC010 48 44 30.01 1016.5 0.01

Comment

Why was Wariner not at the Penns with the rest of the elite sprinters?

Comment

Even raining and cold weather I would have expected atleast a 44.7ish.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
              who do you think these guys are, Kevin Little?
              ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
                No, I think they are exceptional athletes who train to run fast. Sorry if a 45.06 doesnt move me especially when that person's PR is 43.44.

Comment

Give the guy a break. It was 49 degrees, windy and raining. His time was .6x off the track record by MJ. Considering the conditions, I think it's a pretty decent time. Look at what the other competitors did in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by trackdug
                    Give the guy a break. ..Look at what the other competitors did in the race.
                    That is what we were looking at!
                    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Good grief. If I am Jeremy Wariner's coach, manager, agent or anyone remotely benefitting from the rest of his season and it is 47 degrees and the track is wet, if he runs anything remotely approaching full speed I would be pissed.

Comment

No, I think they are exceptional athletes who train to run fast. Sorry if a 45.06 doesnt move me especially when that person's PR is 43.44.
                        Wariner wasn't alone in the race, no? The runner-up finished how many steps, strides, metres, seconds behind Wariner, who had to run in the same conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
                          LOL! Wariner did look a little like Little on the 2nd turn. Wariner cruised down the backstretch and then hit the turn, kicked it in and sprinted down the homestretch. During the interview Wariner stated he would be running the 200 at Nationals and used this race to work on the turn.

Comment

He look'd great winning his race in spite of the conditions. Coming as close as he did to breaking 45 seconds is a remarkable performance nonetheless considering what he and the others had to compete in.

Comment

Dutra is our resident soothsayer

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... 974#530974

Comment

Working...
                              X