Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay wins 400 at Sun Devil

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gay wins 400 at Sun Devil

    Easy winner in 46.34, hopefully a sign of a return to fitness.

    http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/c-t ... nvite.html

  • #2
    Re: Gay wins 400 at Sun Devil

    Originally posted by gm
    Easy winner in 46.34, hopefully a sign of a return to fitness.

    http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/c-t ... nvite.html
    This qualifies him for the 400 at USAT&F because 46.50 is the standard.

    I hope that he chooses 400 there to take presure off his injured legs. IF he runs one 400 there, he qualifies for 100 & 200 in Berlin.
    none

    Comment


    • #3
      Gleason, forgive me as I do not know the rules. Doesn't his status of defending world champion qualify Gay for Berlin automatically?
      Regards,
      toyracer

      Comment


      • #4
        Defending champs are given free passes by the IAAF, but it's up to the athlete's national governing body to name people to their team. USATF has always had a rule that to exercise your wild-card privilege you have to run (jump, throw) in the Nationals. But doesnt have to be in your wild card event.

        Comment


        • #5
          Gay wins 400 at Sun Devil
          I realize this is a very old gag now, but I can't wonder how many people see a headline like this and wonder why the paper had to out the guy! :P

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Marlow
            Gay wins 400 at Sun Devil
            I realize this is a very old gag now, but I can't wonder how many people see a headline like this and wonder why the paper had to out the guy! :P

            maybe a total of 14 teenagers in a suburbs across the country and one HS teacher that has to listen to their chatter 8 hours per day.
            ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

            Comment


            • #7
              That's a PR, by the way; old best an indoor 47.08.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gh
                That's a PR, by the way; old best an indoor 47.08.
                That should move him way up the 100/200/400 list.

                Comment


                • #9
                  3.685 = with guess who? Asafa Powell. Both men's improvements over 400m have made them equal in total points over 100m/200m/400m.

                  Powell increased his total by 95 points from 3590 to 3685 with his 400m improvement.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gh
                    Defending champs are given free passes by the IAAF, but it's up to the athlete's national governing body to name people to their team. USATF has always had a rule that to exercise your wild-card privilege you have to run (jump, throw) in the Nationals. But doesnt have to be in your wild card event.
                    Thank you for the explanation gh, it is appreciated. I figured that it must be a USATF requirement, but wanted to be sure. Thanks again.
                    Regards,
                    toyracer

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Marlow
                      I realize this is a very old gag now, but I can't wonder how many people see a headline like this and wonder why the paper had to out the guy! :P
                      Tyson has already been outed, remember?
                      http://voices.washingtonpost.com/sleuth ... _word.html

                      K E N
                      K E N

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TrackCEO
                        Originally posted by Marlow
                        I realize this is a very old gag now, but I can't wonder how many people see a headline like this and wonder why the paper had to out the guy! :P
                        Tyson has already been outed, remember?
                        http://voices.washingtonpost.com/sleuth ... _word.html
                        We've been over this ground here before, more than once.

                        http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... hp?t=31827

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gh
                          That's a PR, by the way; old best an indoor 47.08.
                          Does that mean his 200m PR will improve, in line with his improved 400m ability? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

                          Sorry. Couldn't resist it ...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Gay wins 400 at Sun Devil

                            Originally posted by Gleason
                            I hope that he chooses 400 there to take presure off his injured legs. IF he runs one 400 there, he qualifies for 100 & 200 in Berlin.
                            He ran 46.34 on injured legs? :shock:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Gay wins 400 at Sun Devil

                              Originally posted by pherekydes
                              Originally posted by Gleason
                              I hope that he chooses 400 there to take presure off his injured legs. IF he runs one 400 there, he qualifies for 100 & 200 in Berlin.
                              He ran 46.34 on injured legs? :shock:
                              I don't know. I do know that he announced an injury in November 2008, he finished his post-Olympic season after one win & he was injured at OT. He could run a few 400s in May & June including USAT&F. A few 200s & some 4 x 100s in July would prepare him for his first 100 from the blocks on Aug. 15.

                              As a former Marathoner 46.34 is excellent, but he ran 9.68w in 2008, so 400s in May & June is win-win for him.
                              none

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X