Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epelle, acne is not caused by dirt and sweating.

Jon, like I said, I'm just being honest. I find it very depressing.

Comment

Don't shower for a while after you sweat (warm-up, race, warm-down, interviews, (potential drug-screen), travel back to hotel), and see what happens...the dirt and sweat sticks to the face and accumulates back into the skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Miler
        Pimples aside, is there any word yet on the severity of her injury?
        Front page: http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/displa ... p?id=31009

Comment

Originally posted by Brettboy
          I was waiting for Jon to jump in with some rubbishy web photos. If you think acne is just like that extreme pic you posted then maybe you need reminding!

Her one of her post race BBC interviews this indoors season, after setting a WB, you could clearly see her cheeks were covered in acne. Not the extreme red spots that Jon has posted in his sensational pic, but a dense spread of more subtle pimples and spots, that are probably easier to hide with make-up. It reminded me of Krabbe's acne in 90/91.

Acne may affect a % of the population at some point in their lives, but it's usually in teenage years, and usually it affects boys more than girls because it's related to the male sex hormone.

At the same UK meet the women's 60m flat winner was interviewed post race too. She came from nowhere to being oen of the elite in 07. Her voice was so ridiculously low & croaky she sounded like Louis Armstrong.

I find it very depressing.
          Adult acne affects 25% of all adult men and 50% of adult women at some time in their adult lives.

http://acne.org/adultacne.html
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Acne may affect a % of the population at some point in their lives, but it's usually in teenage years, and usually it affects boys more than girls because it's related to the male sex hormone.
            My stats were concerning adult acne.

As for men vs women, women have many more risk factors for adult acne than men - Cosmetics trapping bacteria in pores(exacerbated in a sweating athlete), birth control pills, and menstrual cycle issues. Stress is also a major cause of adult acne as it causes oil glands to flare up. But then we all know world class athletes have no stress in their lives :roll:

Let me be clear - I am simply addressing bb's ridiculous cause and effect correlations. I am not specifically speaking of Jones, whom I have never noticed to have an skin issues, but have never seen in person either. But her skin has always seemed just fine to me.
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Epelle, acne is not caused by dirt and sweating.

Jon, like I said, I'm just being honest. I find it very depressing.
              As someone who lives in Baton Rouge, and who has known her since her teenage years when she was running a full second slower than she is now, I'm telling you for a fact that her complexion has improved as she has gotten faster. What's depressing about that? By the way, Muna Lee had the same complexion problem when she first arrived in Baton Rouge, but like Jones, as she got older, and faster, her her complexion cleared up.

Comment

In which case I stand corrected and enlightened.

Can anyone else explain why other women athletes (not Jones I might add) might develop a low croaky voice? Would that be as a result of diet, travelling on the circuit & training hard too?

Comment

In which case I stand corrected and enlightened.

Can anyone else explain why other women athletes (not Jones I might add) might develop a low croaky voice? Would that be as a result of diet, travelling on the circuit & training hard too?
                  :?

:roll:

:lol:

Comment

Well, I did debate whether to add a :roll: but thought acting dumb would be better

Comment

Well, I did debate whether to add a :roll: but thought acting dumb would be better
                      :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                        Originally posted by guru
                        Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                        But Lolo is the type of person that would have spent a lot of time second-guessing herself if she had chosen not to run in light of the red carpet treatment that Des Moines gave her this week. Similarly, if she had chosen to run conservatively in Beijing, the thought of not getting the Olympic record would have forever haunted her.
                        How, exactly, do you run "conservatively" in the 100m Hurdles? :?
                        Unlike the 100, the 100/110 hurdles are not run all-out, and you know that. Lolo has talked about it herself - those split second decisions you have to make during a race on whether or not you should back off a little bit if the hurdles start coming up too fast for you to negotiate.

And I doubt very seriously if she had won gold, and missed out on any records in the process, she would have been "haunted" by that.
                        I'll guarantee you that if she hadn't run pedal-to-the-metal she would have. After what she did at the Olympic trials, she felt like the OR was within reach.

Look, there is a big difference between a chance event like what happened in Beijing, and running on a bad leg in cold, wet conditions in April. I appreciate that she is a quality person trying to make her hometown fans happy, but at some point you have to weigh the risks and benefits. It is, after all, your livelihood.

To compare the results of her decision here to what happened in her Beijing final is, with all due respect, ridiculous.
                        I agree with you that there's no comparison between the stakes in the Olympics and the stakes at Drake, but all I'm doing is telling you what her mindset is. Did you hear her interview on ESPN2 today? I'm just repeating what she said.

By the way, did anyone notice that the first person out on the track to aid her was fellow Roosevelt High and LSU alumnus Kim Carson? She also rode on the cart with her when she was being taken away. It's good to see former Lady Tigers looking out for each other.
                        A couple of things: Kim Carson has been identified as Lolo's agent in the local press. Agent, rep, friend, whatever. Also-blue carpet treatment last Thursday night, not red. For those who yet haven't had the privilege, the track at Drake is blue, therefore blue carpet. Finally, acne? Truthfully I didn't get past the eyes and the personality to notice. Finally, part II-If she pulled out there would have been great disappointment, but ultimate understanding. From my vantage point it looked like she tried to accelerate and then the pull occurred. Maybe if she had just taken the loss----

Comment

I remember telling my mother somewhere around my 60th birthday, "but ma-awm, you told me this stuff would be gone 40 years ago!!"

Comment

Working...
                          X