Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US track and field in Disarray!

After watching the Penn Relays on ESPN and reading a few articles and am convinced that the USTF is in disarray. If winning sprint relay races at the Penn Relays yesterday give the US Athletes some form of redemption or accomplishness, track and field in US is in disarray. Lets look at past races... the last Penn Relays 2008. How many races USA won in 2008? women's 4x100m, women's 4x400m, and men's 4x400m. Total=3

This year Penn Relays 2009 how many races USA won? Women's 4x100m, women's 4x400m, men's 4x100m and men's 4x400m. Total =4
    Only one extra race US won from last year to this year, and the athletes and USTF is proud of that? It's sad, very sad. If winning Penn Relays is what US looks forward to it is hilarious.

Now, Berlin is what Jamaican athletes is gunning for and believe me any redemption USTF athletes wants, they are going to have to take it at the World Championships in Berlin. That is where the battle will be, in front of the world for all eyes to see with all the marbles on the table. Jamaica is looking to duplicate or outdo ourself as a Jamaican coach mentioned. I have a very strong feeling, we will outdo ourself in Berlin.

Rohan Blake, might be plug in to get that sub 37 sec Donald Quarrie is talking about. I also, saw something yesterday that I doubt many people saw. Jamaica could spring a surprise in one of the mile relay in Berlin.

Re: US track and field in Disarray!

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1

Rohan Blake, might be plug in to get that sub 37 sec Donald Quarrie is talking about. I also, saw something yesterday that I doubt many people saw. Jamaica could spring a surprise in one of the mile relay in Berlin.
    If Jamaica enters the mile relay in Berlin.....they absolutely will win.

Comment

After watching the Penn Relays on ESPN and reading a few articles and am convinced that the USTF is in disarray.
      Or perhaps you are extrapolating from insufficient data. No doubt the USA can do better on the int'l scene, and that's certainly USATF's head, Doug Logan's self-induced mandate, but the Penn Relays isn't exactly the most precise gauge of how we're doing overall!

Comment

I see little relevance for the apparent ecstacy pouring out of meet relay results in April , when the only thing that really counts this year is Berlin.

The endless prattles of certain American athletes about redemption and revenge is so juvenile. Never mind the obsession with statistics on this Board..

A few grown up quotations from some of the American athletes, who seemingly cannot stop referring to Beijing , would be welcome and appropriate. Every time anybody has the temerity to beat up your athletes, we have to go through the usual silly references to the need to get a chance for revenge. Part of the reason, no doubt, for the USA v Jamaica match next year.

Reminds me of the so called grudge rematch at Crystal Palace between an uninterested Zola Budd and the rather unpleasant Slaney Decker

BTW, the quotes on IAAF site, allegedly from the mouth of Shawn Crawford yesterday ,talking about ''war'' and ''defending the USA'' and other idiocies just disgusts me.

Comment

Let me see...

Wariner, The Corvette, Muna, Torri, Bianca, XMan, Gay, etc...

Didnt even run at Penn.

Now I realize that JA didnt have its full team either (no Bolt or VCB for example), but the point is this meet doesnt dictate that the US is in trouble IMO.

We'll be good by Berlin.

Among the Highlights that I saw:

Hastings splitting 51.5 in one shoe :shock: .
          Sanya splitting 50.5x all alone in her first event this year.
          Felix splitting 49.6x coming from slightly behind in her 3rd (?) meet this season. No offense to DeeDee, MoHen or Wineburg who arent running this season...but we'll fine.
          DWill splitting 44 low.
          Merritt and Angelo wrecking shop.
          Doc making Asafa buckle on anchor. (I dont think Asafa liked getting the stick while so far behind).
          Dix CRUSHING pop off.
          Jeter SEPARATING from Fraser :shock: .

What there was of the US team looked good.

I dont know what you talking about Sportsfanx1. 8-)

Now tell us what you saw from JA .
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by scoe
            I see little relevance for the apparent ecstacy pouring out of meet relay results in April , when the only thing that really counts this year is Berlin.

The endless prattles of certain American athletes about redemption and revenge is so juvenile. Never mind the obsession with statistics on this Board..

A few grown up quotations from some of the American athletes, who seemingly cannot stop referring to Beijing , would be welcome and appropriate. Every time anybody has the temerity to beat up your athletes, we have to go through the usual silly references to the need to get a chance for revenge. Part of the reason, no doubt, for the USA v Jamaica match next year.

Reminds me of the so called grudge rematch at Crystal Palace between an uninterested Zola Budd and the rather unpleasant Slaney Decker

BTW, the quotes on IAAF site, allegedly from the mouth of Shawn Crawford yesterday ,talking about ''war'' and ''defending the USA'' and other idiocies just disgusts me.
            I loved it. 8-)

Go USA!!!

(JA is my second favorite team).

Comment

Originally posted by Dutra

Hahaha

Stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                Hahaha
                Don't forget that the Brits beat them one time. Who would have predicted that given their squad at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by scoe

I think it is great for the sport. Nothing like good old fashioned rivalry. BTW at Penn's yesterday fans on both sides were very loud, very very loud in their support for their respective teams and it was all good.
                  The Social News Site For T&F - http://runzoom.com

Comment

Hahaha

Stop it.
                    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assumed that Dutra was being ironic: there will NOT be a "mile" relay in Berlin...

Comment

Originally posted by kuha

... Jamaica could spring a surprise in one of the mile relay in Berlin.
                      Hahaha

Stop it.
                      Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assumed that Dutra was being ironic: there will NOT be a "mile" relay in Berlin...
                      Some jokes are not meant to be explained! Dutra subtlety should be savored not gorged.
                      ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

I pledge to gorge no more.

Comment

I thought he mean't the 4x400. That's what you guys get for having a 1600m metric mile :roll:

Comment

Rohan Blake, might be plug in to get that sub 37 sec Donald Quarrie is talking about.
                            The name is Yohan Blake, not Rohan.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                              I thought he mean't the 4x400. That's what you guys get for having a 1600m metric mile :roll:
                              So did I. :?

I still call it the mile relay sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X