Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today Gerd Kanter in Chula Vista - live results

Today 14:00 (local time) discus meet in Chula Vista.
    Team75plus.com will have live results coverage.
    http://www.team75plus.com/

Are you local in San Diego? I googled the OTC and got the ARCO version on Olympic Parkway, and a plain vanilla version on Wueste Rd (nearby). Do you know which place? I obviously have never been to the site. I had planned to go the the meet scheculed for last Thurs, which apparantly did take place, but could get no info from the OTC web site, and of course, the U-T doesn't do T&F,

Comment

With that snake on the training field I think Kanter must not feel be very confortable ... to break WR.

Comment

I am not in San Diego and honestly dont know which stadium it is...

Comment

Re: Today Gerd Kanter in Chula Vista - live results

Originally posted by ats38
          Today 14:00 (local time) discus meet in Chula Vista.
          Team75plus.com will have live results coverage.
          http://www.team75plus.com/
          I can't open a link, with my browser suggesting there's too big a demand on the host server. Who knew there were that many discus fans?!

Comment

Finally got it open. First round:

1 Karl Erickson USA x
            2 Erik Cadee NED 62,01
            3 Adam Kuehl USA 60,76
            4 Niklas Arrhenius SWE x
            5 Benn Harradine AUS 58,71
            6 Märt Israel EST 62,57
            7 Omar El-Ghazaly EGY 64,88
            8 Jarred Rome USA 65,43
            9 Gerd Kanter EST x

214-8 for Rome is U.S. leader.

Comment

a note on their server problem:

<<Our page has had some problems with the coverage of live competitions due to heavy traffic. Now we changed our server and our fingers are crossed - let's hope everything works. But to be on the safe side, we now have a plan B also. Should there be some problems during tomorrows competition, then registered users of our new forum can see live results there. There is also a chatroom open, so you can share your emotions of the competition.
              http://forum.team75plus.com/...

Comment

Final results:
                Gerd Kanter 70.84
                Erik Cadee 65.61
                Jarred Rome 65.43
                Omar El-Ghazaly 65.18
                Niklas Arrhenius 65.00
                Märt Israel 64.86
                Benn Harradine 63.45
                Adam Kuehl 60.79
                Karl Erickson 58.95

Comment

a world-leading 232-5

Comment

Here are the series. Note, these are from me recording and are not official. The guy maning the measuring tape did have a loud, clear voice, so these are probably ok. There was also a women's competetion, but it started a 1300 and I didn't know it was on tap and it was long over by the time I found the field.

In place (not throwing) order

Kanter if 70.84 sf 69.05 if rf
                    Cadee 62.01 64.76 65.61 if sf 62.64
                    Rome 65.43 63.29 rf 62.93 if rf
                    El Ghazly 64.88 62.27 65.18 rf 62.59 if
                    Arrhenius rf 65.00 if rf if 63.25
                    Israel 62.51 63.75 if 64.86 61.54 63.15
                    Harradine 58.71 63.45 61.04 62.86 63.00 61.55
                    Kuehl 60.76 60.79 if 60.42 if 59.91
                    Erickson sf 58.95 rf rf 58.36 rf

I talked with Rome for a few minutes after the competition and he confirmed what I thought about the Triton meet on Saturday. The wind was perfectly quartering. For left handers. Gee, where were all the lefties? Throwing the hammer on Friday

Comment

I wish I had looked at this earlier as my DH and a bunch of his athletes are 20 minutes from Chula Vista. :cry: :cry: DH would LOVE to see Kanter throw!

Does anyone know if Kanter will be at the Steve Scott meet?

I will be at that one! ( on the Sunday only).

Comment

Kanter is over here for one reason: to throw in big-wind meets where he can get the WR.

Which is why he's throwing Tuesday in Salinas (see separate thread a couple of weeks back). That's about 20 minutes from DH as well. Four hours and 20 minutes that is :-)

(that doesn't mean I know he's NOT going to throw in Irvine, but seems not to fit the profile)

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                          I wish I had looked at this earlier as my DH and a bunch of his athletes are 20 minutes from Chula Vista. :cry: :cry: DH would LOVE to see Kanter throw!

Does anyone know if Kanter will be at the Steve Scott meet?

I will be at that one! ( on the Sunday only).
                          I don't know who DH's athletes are, but yesterday at Chula Vista there was a women's event as well and Marie-Josee Le Jour, a Montreal athlete competed. I was planning to take the weekend off, but if Gert is throwing at Irvine, I can do that. If on Sunday. I have a commitment on Sat. I havn't decided about Salinas. As Garry pointed out, it's circa 400 miles from here. More if I stay with friends in the SJ area.

Comment

There's a rumor that Kanter has pulled out of Salinas.

Comment

Local USATF official tells T&FN that a survey showed the field 4-inches low at 100m; w/ no record possiiblity, no reason to throw. Supposedly Kanter not only one to drop out.

No idea if Hartnell can/will try to effect a fix in time.

Comment

Working...
                              X