Clear All

Originally posted by Atanvarno
    Originally posted by Jon
    Oh happy day!
    I second that
    Oh, Yes, Yes, Yes, indeed!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
      Was Aouita sacked for good reason? He stated that his strong stance against doping was being met with resistance by the Moroccan athletics federation.
      From what I read it was almost the opposite....

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
        i've said it time and time again why don't the IAAf just ask us who the cheats are

sometimes it is sooooooooooooooo obvious :shock:
        Because the first name out of people's mouths (keyboards) when this came up seemed to be Bolt, not Ramzi?
        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

No way. Everybody who had a clue was thinking of Ramzi....

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
            Because the first name out of people's mouths (keyboards) when this came up seemed to be Bolt, not Ramzi?
            I don't think anyone was seriously touting Bolt. Looking down a list of male gold medallists this morning one name hit me square between the eyes. If a poll was held I'd say 99% of people would identify the same name as being the 'likely lad'.

Comment

Mump wasn't saying he thought it was RR from the press leak, more that a lot of people suspected him a while ago. I'm sure Mump and I have very similar views on who is and who isn't clean. We should work for WADA 8-)

RR prepped like Ayhan. And he had the audacity to get on his knees and pray to Allah (PBUH) post-race. He should be grateful Allah (PBUH) didn't send a thunder bolt down and frazzle him.

Comment

My understanding of Steriod is that the drug is anti-inflamatory. This aid athletic performance because when athletes train they break blood vessels. Usually resting and giving the body time to heal was the only solution to this problem.

When artificially produced steriods are added to the body's own naturally
                produced steriods, athletes can recovery faster from training and can therefore train harder with less rest.

How exactly is this "cheating"?

Furthermore, I also understand that the Germans first synthesized artificial steriods in the 1940s and the East Germans perfected the training regimen and discovered that the injectable form of steriods avioided the side effects to the liver and kidneys that was a problem with the capsules.

Does this mean that we have to throw out all the records set between 1945 and when the testing protocols began. since there is no way to prove that they weren't the result of 'cheating'?

Comment

i've said it time and time again why don't the IAAf just ask us who the cheats are

No, no, no--not remotely.

Comment

Wth a bit of luck we will all be spared the prolonged deceit, lies and denials of certain infamous Olympic Gold medal sprinters

Comment

Originally posted by cornstarchwilson
                      My understanding of Steriod is that the drug is anti-inflamatory. This aid athletic performance because when athletes train they break blood vessels. Usually resting and giving the body time to heal was the only solution to this problem.

When artificially produced steriods are added to the body's own naturally
                      produced steriods, athletes can recovery faster from training and can therefore train harder with less rest.

How exactly is this "cheating"?

Furthermore, I also understand that the Germans first synthesized artificial steriods in the 1940s and the East Germans perfected the training regimen and discovered that the injectable form of steriods avioided the side effects to the liver and kidneys that was a problem with the capsules.

Does this mean that we have to throw out all the records set between 1945 and when the testing protocols began. since there is no way to prove that they weren't the result of 'cheating'?
                      The drug was a new-generation EPO - it boosts red cell volume in the blood, increasing oxygen capacity. It is also dangerous as high levels create clotting problems.

Comment

Only in a "I hope it isn't Bolt" context.

Comment

I thought I remembered people mentioning Bolt not Ramzi from the CERA thread, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightsun
                            No way. Everybody who had a clue was thinking of Ramzi....
                            Nope, the first reaction is 'it must be the damn Russians'.
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by scoe
                              Wth a bit of luck we will all be spared the prolonged deceit, lies and denials of certain infamous Olympic Gold medal sprinters
                              I doubt it.

People seem to care more when sprinters test positive.

Maybe its because those events are more popular with the casual fan.

Comment

well ok, past that, all eyes were on Ramzi.

And beside that, the key to that sentence is "everybody WHO HAD A CLUE"

Comment

Working...
                                X