Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPelle
    replied
    No, I had no idea what the answer was. At all.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    So was that not a trivia question asked with an answer in mind, instead just a query of historical fact? Not a record with a lot of changes in it. Ever.

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    Fernandez broke the school record (Jason Woolhouse/13.37,36) with his run.

Leave a comment:

• ed gee
    replied
    05.02.2009, but prior to a little while ago...

Perhaps indoors earlier this year.

The indoor AJR was ~14:08 by Luchini, so probably the NCAA indoor where Derrick (13;48) and Puskedra (13;50) were 4th and 6th.

They qualified in separate races and on oversized tracks.

Derrick ran 7;56, an indoor AJR, less than 24' later.

Originally posted by EPelle
    Which sets up a good trivia question: When is the last time two AJR's (men) broke a standing 5.000m AJR record in the same race?

Leave a comment:

• doug091463
    replied
    both derrick and fernandez not only bettered rupps ajr, but both also ran faster than lindgrens 3 mile converted mark.

as for the trivia question are you going to tell us the answer or are you going to give us a time frame to try and find out the answer.
    good question i am stumped thank you.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    GF is running the second heat, right. If so, it is an indication that this is not a maximal performance attempt. Thus, even if we might project sub-13:20 based on the recent performance level, it seems unrealistically fast for his purposes in this race.

In addition, even the fast race has some questions, such as Tegenkamp who has been injured (a number of weeks without really being able to train) and may well not be able to go under 13:20 right now.

Leave a comment:

• williamwindhamjr
    replied
    Yeah I do and the joke is americans believe that our runners are not capable of running against the best.

Leave a comment:

• ed gee
    replied
    Do you moonlight as a comedian?

Leave a comment:

• williamwindhamjr
    replied
    Thats the problem,everybody is always going by some time frame because he is only 18.A runner doesnt know how long a career is gonna last.Cease the moment and run fast.If it is meant to be having a long career you will.

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    Yes, and he dropped from 7.59e to 7.47i with competition. He's able to run 3.53,5ish without stopping. Terrific. He's capable of 13.20 and beyond as the opportunities present themselves at the right times.

Seems like you're trying to speed up that time frame for him by reducing the value of a very tough record.

Leave a comment:

• williamwindhamjr
    replied
    Be cause the times he ran were fast times by himself.It was almost like a time trial

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    ... something he is used to doing -- running alone and winning by nearly 10 seconds, no? He ran 4.00,24 -- 9,36 seconds ahead of runner-up at Cal State Meet last year. 8.34,23 - 28,27 ahead of runner-up. How does that equate to breaking a "soft" 5.000m record?

Leave a comment:

• williamwindhamjr
    replied
    Everybody is different.German ran 3:55 and second place in that race was 4:05

Leave a comment:

• ExCoastRanger
    replied
    I agree German may be capable of 13:20 or better. But, usually, ability must be matched with maturity and/or the right race conditions to reach one's potential.

Leave a comment:

• Half Miler
    replied
    Originally posted by ed gee
    Hansjörg Kunze ran 7:56 for 3000 as a 16 yo. He did not run under 13:20 for many years.

German has yet to do anything that leads me to think he will run under 13:20 soon.
    His 3:55 mile leads me to think he can. I don't believe Kunze was ever that fast.

However, it's sucky weather right now in the Bay Area (rainy, cold), so chances of a fast time may be limited.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X