Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Kerron Clement

Thought the TFN forum members might be interested in this interview with Kerron Clement.. Link is work safe.
    www.ELITETRACK.com

Just curious--how can you know that a particular link is work safe?

Comment

I think the general standards for work safe= no blaring sounds or audio that auto-plays (a problem that the TFN homepage had for a while), no nudity or racy pictures, no insulting or disrespectful content.

I guess it's really a subjective issue but I figured it's becoming good courtesy to post as such since you never know where the link is leading.

Obviously in many jobs, no web surfing is work safe if your work forbids web surfing.
      www.ELITETRACK.com

Comment

Pretty good interview and some new information to gather, I thought the format would also allow people who aren't into T&F as much to get interesting insights. Thumbs up

Comment

If this guy is 1/2 of what he appears to be, I hope he meets all of his goals. I like the realism that he can't get the 400 WR right now, and I like the credit he gives to his high school XC.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyoung
            I think the general standards for work safe= no blaring sounds or audio that auto-plays (a problem that the TFN homepage had for a while), no nudity or racy pictures, no insulting or disrespectful content.

I guess it's really a subjective issue but I figured it's becoming good courtesy to post as such since you never know where the link is leading.

Obviously in many jobs, no web surfing is work safe if your work forbids web surfing.
            The reason I asked is that a company I used to work for had a filter that blocked objectionable sites. The problem was that it was quirky. I once found myself blocked from a site that could not possibly be objectionable. It dealt with obscure information that only a professional (in a not very interesting profession) could care about. But there was an automatic block that prevented my accessing it and informed me that the site was deemed unacceptable by the company.

I thought it almost humorous at the time, and it didn't really bother me--I was able to get the info I needed from another site. But did cause me to wonder how these filter programs worked. Assuming that you were referring to such filters, and not to general policies about suitability of sites, I wondered how you could know that this site would surely be ok.

Comment

My work site blocks anything mentioning pole vault or javelin?

Comment

If Kerron spent half as much time learning how to not stutter step all the hurdles as he does chatting with his spiritual advisor, maybe he would actually have a change of tackling the WR. What a shame.

Comment

Wow. Shame?

Talk about a tough critic...yeah...Clement has plenty to hang his head about....I'd consider giving up track all together if I were him.

Comment

I'm just saying, in the article he talks about how he really wants to get the world record in the 400 hurdles, so much so that he isn't willing to switch over to the open 400m until after he gets the hurdles WR.

So, if he REALLY wants that 400 hurdles world record so bad, I'm saying, he could probably get it, if he actually took the time to learn how to run the race without stutter-stepping hurdles left and right like he's an 11 year old. The fact that he is able to run as fast as he has in the hurdles without knowing how to actually hurdle properly, is mind blowing. If he learns how to hurdle, I actually do think he will get the WR.

The "what a shame" refers to the fact that his unwillingness to learn proper hurdling technique is keeping him not just from the 400h WR, but, more importantly (imo) is also keeping him from running the open 400.

Imagine how sick it would be if he was focusing strictly on the open 400, having gotten the 400h wr out of the way.

Then there would be THREE people getting consistent sub 44's, instead of just two. And maybe that would push one of them to an open 400 world record, which would be pretty great.

So yea, like I said, instead of ignoring his coaches pleas about learning how to hurdle properly, and thinking he can grab a world record just by running fast, stutter stepping, and phoning his spiritual advisor the night before the race to get God to like him better than all the other racers competing against him, he should instead focus on his coaches pleas, and not as much on his spiritual advisor's attempts to make God like prefer him over his opponents.

Call me crazy, but I think this would get him a world record a LOOOOT sooner...

So yea... what a shame that he obviously won't do it that way, and will continue doing what he's been doing, and thus never get the 400h wr, and will never get to switch to the open 400 after getting his 400h wr.

Comment

Originally posted by The Atheist
                      The "what a shame" refers to the fact that his unwillingness to learn proper hurdling technique is keeping him not just from the 400h WR...
                      That does seem to be equally opposed to what he stated, namely that he would like to "master the hurdles". If he is willing to master the hurdles, does that not mean that he is showing and demonstrating a willingness to become a student of the event, learn from his mistakes, take a corrective course of action and, ultimately, become a better executor of tactics and technique in his event? This, repeated over and again, ultimately leading to mastering the hurdles?

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                        This, repeated over and again, ultimately leading to mastering the hurdles?
                        As I have said elsewhere, I attended a clinic by Holloway, KC's former coach. KC can 'wrong-leg-lead' very well, including over a set of 110Hs. In practice Holloway would set up hurdles at random intervals and KC could take them at full speed with either leg. There is no mastery needed at hurdling. The problem is that, even with the help of the sports psychologist that Holloway engaged, KC, in a race, has a fear of falling that compels him to take a hurdle with his comfortable lead leg. As Hollloway put it, the only further assistance he could provide was prayer.

Comment

Maybe if his coach makes him run a half-marathon in practice any time Kerron does his refusal to wrongleg thingie in a race, Kerron will think twice about doing it.

Kerron's coach doesn't need to pray for Kerron, he needs to DISCIPLINE Kerron. Let Kerron know that it is NOT okay for him to keep screwing around in races like this. Not if he is actually serious about going for the WR.

Comment

He will need to take a corrective course of action to overcome that fear. FALL DOWN in practice.

Comment

The determination to improve, the process of improving and the actual improvement are three different stages. Let's not forget that he is only 23 years old, he is not a finished product. If it truly was that easy for him to master the alternating, he would have accomplished that already. Isn't that exactly the goal of coaching, yet also the difficulty ? You can have great exercises and advice, if the recipient can not realize it for whatever reason, the problems will continue to arise.

I don't think it is the missing understanding of the problem rather than the inability to implement the changes so far. Some master it, some will never. The jury is still out on Clement and I will continue to believe that he will learn how to properly altercate.

Comment

Working...
                              X