Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was my thought when I made my initial comment. He's still very young and has plenty of track left in front of him barring major injury.

I think its a shame when negative attention is thrown towards a young man who's already accomplished a great deal and will probably accomplish a lot more the more and more he matures in the sport.

Comment

I didn't say it's a shame that he runs track. That's ridiculous, he's one of the best track athletes of all time.

I said it's a shame he hasn't figured out how to hurdle properly yet, because if he did, he would probably get a world record.

I don't know why you are having so much difficulty noticing the difference between these two extraordinarily different statements.

Comment

Originally posted by The Atheist
        I said it's a shame he hasn't figured out how to hurdle properly yet, because if he did, he would probably get a world record.
        Actually, you stated:

The "what a shame" refers to the fact that his unwillingness to learn proper hurdling technique is keeping him not just from the 400h WR, but, more importantly (imo) is also keeping him from running the open 400.
        Clement openly stated that he wants to master the hurdles. Coming to a consensus that he has a learning opportunity is the first step to overcoming his deficiencies in the event. More importantly, it is the opposite of having an "unwillingness to learn proper hurdling technique", it rather demonstrates that he has a willingness to learn how to hurdle properly (gain proper hurdling technique).

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
          Originally posted by The Atheist
          Actually, you stated:

The "what a shame" refers to the fact that his unwillingness to learn proper hurdling technique is keeping him not just from the 400h WR, but, more importantly (imo) is also keeping him from running the open 400.
          Clement openly stated that he wants to master the hurdles. Coming to a consensus that he has a learning opportunity is the first step to overcoming his deficiencies in the event. More importantly, it is the opposite of having an "unwillingness to learn proper hurdling technique", it rather demonstrates that he has a willingness to learn how to hurdle properly (gain proper hurdling technique).
          Either way, Texas_Speed still managed to misconstrue this as me saying "It's a shame that Kerron Clement runs track. I wish he didn't run track." which is obviously never something I would never have insinuated, especially since he is one of the most exciting sprinters to watch in all of track.

Comment

Working...
          X