• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica International Invitational Saturday, May 2

Will be missing some big names

MIA
    Usain Bolt – due to recent car accident

Veronica Campbell – due to toe inflammation

Asafa Powell – never saw his name as an original entrant but apparently injured( See Penn Relays)

Tyson Gay – ran there the past couple of years. Was initially announced a participant a few months ago. Organizers up to yesterday said that he has not reconfirmed his participation

Sherone Simpson – injured at the end of last season.

This is a very abbreviated list of confirmed participants. I will update the list later on today
    Foreign Particpants
    Bianca Knight
    Kerron Clement
    Dawn Harper
    Daniel Bailey

Jamaican Participants
    Shelly Ann Frazer
    Yohan Blake
    Marvin Anderson
    Nesta Carter
    Michael Frater
    Kerron Stewart
    Danny McFarlene
    Issa Phillips

With Bolt and Asafa not running the 100m, this might be a great opportunity for young Yohan Blake to break out and shine among the rest of the pack. That third spot in the mens 100m at the trials(assume Bolt and Asafa are 1st and 2nd) will be very competitive.

Meet has attracted big names in the past including Marion Jones, Gail Devers, Frank Fredericks, etc.

Race lineup

W100m Kerron Stewart, SAF, Aileen Bailey, and Bianca Knight.. Bianca will double back in the 200m.

W 400m- Sanya Richards, Melaine Walker , Moya Thompson, Novelene Williams,

W400 H- they say Tasha Danvers (Mrs VS) has no competition.

W100h- Dawn Harper,

M100m Richard Thompson, Yohan Blake, Mark Burns , Darvis Patton

M200-Marvin Anderson, 400m run.

Kerron Clement -400mH
    Cows need love too

Isn't Ohuruogu meant to be competing?
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Is Daniel Bailey going to run the 100m there? Cuz so far, Bailey has looked a lot faster than Yohan in the 100m. Bailey should have a good shot of winning if he races.

Comment

Originally posted by The Atheist
        Is Daniel Bailey going to run the 100m there? Cuz so far, Bailey has looked a lot faster than Yohan in the 100m. Bailey should have a good shot of winning if he races.
        Yes, he will be there.
        Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
          Yes, he will be there.
          Well, he's gonna smoke Yohan then.

Comment

[quote=The Atheist]
            Originally posted by "The Atheist":29iedcsm
            Yes, he will be there.
            Well, he's gonna smoke Yohan then.[/quote:29iedcsm]

Well, at least they are training partners.
            Cows need love too

Comment

Yes, he will be there.
              I agree with you Trackfan (other post), on this will be a opportunity for the less known athletes to measure where they at this time of the season. Some compeling match ups to look for. Yohan look to break 10 secs this season. I saw Moya Thompson running on tv for first time last week. Interesting to see how she do in 400m. Hey, M walker can give Sanya a good run. I really think walker can be an asset to women's 4x400m team. She has 400m Hurdles strength, plus 100 and 200m speed.

didn't see a mention of the races Carter or Frater will be in. If they are also in the 100m, then this look to be a very good race. Carter, Frater and Yohan Blake seems to the three that will likely challenge for that Last spot in 100m on JA team. I read Marvin Anderson is gunning for the spot also, but I'll give the edge to Yohan Blake. He ran 10.08 easily earlier in season, so I look for him even do better come JA Nationals in June.

PS do you know if this meet will be stream online?

Comment

Lolo Jones has also pulled out for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                  Yes, he will be there.
                  I agree with you Trackfan (other post), on this will be a opportunity for the less known athletes to measure where they at this time of the season. Some compeling match ups to look for. Yohan look to break 10 secs this season. I saw Moya Thompson running on tv for first time last week. Interesting to see how she do in 400m. Hey, M walker can give Sanya a good run. I really think walker can be an asset to women's 4x400m team. She has 400m Hurdles strength, plus 100 and 200m speed.

didn't see a mention of the races Carter or Frater will be in. If they are also in the 100m, then this look to be a very good race. Carter, Frater and Yohan Blake seems to the three that will likely challenge for that Last spot in 100m on JA team. I read Marvin Anderson is gunning for the spot also, but I'll give the edge to Yohan Blake. He ran 10.08 easily earlier in season, so I look for him even do better come JA Nationals in June.

Why do you say Carter, Frater, and Blake seem to be the three that will challenge for the last sport on the JA team in the 100m, when Daniel Bailey is faster than all three of them?

Your logic seems kinda weird...

Comment

[quote=The Atheist]
                    Originally posted by "The Atheist":1ejk2fb2
                    Yes, he will be there.

Why do you say Carter, Frater, and Blake seem to be the three that will challenge for the last sport on the JA team in the 100m, when Daniel Bailey is faster than all three of them?

Your logic seems kinda weird...[/quote:1ejk2fb2]

Daniel Bailey is not Jamaican. He runs for Barbados.
                    Cows need love too

Comment

Yes, he will be there.

The meet will be broadcast by TVJ. Unfortunately, TVJ does not stream for free on the net like CVM. You will have to subscribe to TVJ either through Jumptv or Caribcast.
                      Cows need love too

Comment

Bailey

[quote=jamaicantrackfan]
                        Originally posted by "The Atheist":3mh817fw
                        Yes, he will be there.

Daniel Bailey is not Jamaican. He runs for Barbados.[/quote:3mh817fw]

Bailey is from Antigua not Jamaica or Barbados. I also haven't heard of him running yet but I may be wrong. He was slightly injured at the Utech meet.

Comment

Re: Bailey

[quote=LEGEND]
                          Originally posted by "The Atheist":3inbsi9d
                          Yes, he will be there.

Bailey is from Antigua not Jamaica or Barbados. I also haven't heard of him running yet but I may be wrong. He was slightly injured at the Utech meet.[/quote:3inbsi9d]

Thanks for the correction
                          Cows need love too

Comment

[quote=LEGEND]
                            Originally posted by "The Atheist":1thblftk
                            Yes, he will be there.

Bailey is from Antigua not Jamaica or Barbados. I also haven't heard of him running yet but I may be wrong. He was slightly injured at the Utech meet.[/quote:1thblftk]

He ran a 9.93 in +2.3m/s wind on March 14th, this year. That would have been a 9.94 in 2.0m/s wind. That's pretty good for a run in the middle of march. He also GAINED on Usain Bolt a bit in a relay race where he and Usain Bolt were both the anchors on their 4x100 team. Not bad if you ask me...

The guy is VERY fast, and VERY underrated.

Comment

[quote=The Atheist][quote=LEGEND]
                              Originally posted by "The Atheist":32i6e8ox
                              Originally posted by "The Atheist":32i6e8ox
                              Yes, he will be there.

Bailey is from Antigua not Jamaica or Barbados. I also haven't heard of him running yet but I may be wrong. He was slightly injured at the Utech meet.[/quote:32i6e8ox]

He ran a 9.93 in +2.3m/s wind on March 14th, this year. That would have been a 9.94 in 2.0m/s wind. That's pretty good for a run in the middle of march. He also GAINED on Usain Bolt a bit in a relay race where he and Usain Bolt were both the anchors on their 4x100 team. Not bad if you ask me...

Well, this is his first year where it seems he is breaking out. He still needs to win/place high in a couple of races for people to really take note.

The guy is VERY fast, and VERY underrated.[/quote:32i6e8ox]
                              Cows need love too

Comment

Working...
                              X