Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Sanya learns something from losing early in the season (for a change), that helps her to win late.

At any rate its already May and its her first open race of the season.

Her only other work is a relay leg at Penn.
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
      I hope Sanya learns something from losing early in the season (for a change), that helps her to win late.

At any rate its already May and its her first open race of the season.Her only other work is a relay leg at Penn.

Seems as if you are making up an excuse for her. A loss is a loss.

Admit it, The Sanya of 2006 and 2007 is no longer here.
      Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
        Novelene beats Richards in 50.99 in the womens 400m

World leading time by Novlene.

Finals
        1 Williams, Novlene Jamaica 50.99
        2 Richards, Sanya Usa 51.12
        3 Whyte, Rosemarie Jamaica 51.85
        4 Wilkins, Bobby-Gaye Jamaica 51.87
        5 Thompson, Moya Jamaica 52.79
        6 Cox, Shana Usa 53.29
        7 Sutherland, Sonita Jamaica 53.69
        -- Walker, Melanie Jamaica DNS
        -- Bonne, Daisuraime Cuba SCR
        Expect Jamaica to have at least 3 sub 50 female over the 400 meters by Berlin. This could be an ominous sign.
        20201.jpg

Comment

Aileen Bailey wins 200m beating Bianca Knight

Finals
          1 Bailey, Aleen Jamaica 22.96 0.7
          2 Knight, Bianca Usa 23.15 0.7
          3 Leroy, Anastacia Jamaica 23.32 0.7
          4 Harrigan, Tahesia British Virgin I 23.80 0.7
          5 Lewis, Mechelle Usa 23.81 0.7
          6 Bonne, Daisuraime Cuba 24.04 0.7
          7 Martinez, Aime Cuba 24.17 0.7
          -- Calvert, Schillonie Jamaica DNS 0.7
          Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by euan Track Guru
            Novelene beats Richards in 50.99 in the womens 400m

World leading time by Novlene.

Finals
            1 Williams, Novlene Jamaica 50.99
            2 Richards, Sanya Usa 51.12
            3 Whyte, Rosemarie Jamaica 51.85
            4 Wilkins, Bobby-Gaye Jamaica 51.87
            5 Thompson, Moya Jamaica 52.79
            6 Cox, Shana Usa 53.29
            7 Sutherland, Sonita Jamaica 53.69
            -- Walker, Melanie Jamaica DNS
            -- Bonne, Daisuraime Cuba SCR
            Expect Jamaica to have at least 3 sub 50 female over the 400 meters by Berlin. This could be an ominous sign.

Novelene, Sherika, Rosemarie Whyte and Melanie could definitely win gold in Berlin.
            Cows need love too

Comment

Patton wins 200m shutting down easily. Wins in 20.49

Great spring double for him at Jamaica Invitational

1 Patton, Darvis Usa 20.49 1.3
              2 Williams, Chris Jamaica 20.69 1.3
              3 Anderson, Marvin Jamaica 20.74 1.3
              4 Dzingai, Bryan Zimbabwe 20.77 1.3
              5 Malcom, Christian Great Britain 21.06 1.3
              6 Brown, Xavier Jamaica 21.10 1.3
              7 Dwyer, Rasheed Jamaica 21.12 1.3
              -- Waugh, Ainsley Jamaica DNS 1.3
              -- Bolt, Usain Jamaica SCR
              Cows need love too

Comment

At any rate its already May and its her first open race of the season.Her only other work is a relay leg at Penn.

It wasnt my intention to give an excuse....

Especially since I dont need one.

See...I dont run.

I would take the statement back to make you feel better- if it werent true.
                The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

It wasnt my intention to give an excuse....

Especially since I dont need one.

See...I dont run.

I would take the statement back to make you feel better- if it werent true.

Okay, this is a wakeup call for her. Hope to see her back the next couple of weeks.

Only time will tell.
                  Cows need love too

Comment

She did the same thing in Beijing, had a blazing start, but this time its like she realized she was going out too fast. She eased of the gas at 100m, maybe a little too much then was right beside Novlene in the other lane coming round the bend right up to the 300m mark where Novlene made her move.

This race was sanya's to lose; its almost like like she wanted to lose too. She needs to get her head together cause this race seemed very confusing from her. But not to take any credit from Novlene, who completely destroyed sanya in the last 100m. Sanya had no more fight left in her.

She seems to be the queen of choking now.

Comment

Originally posted by Haskell45
                      Was this a championship race? If so, the winner choked, too... ran a whole 1,10 seconds slower than the best time ever recorded in this championship event.

Comment

The 400mh winner, Javier Culson (48,42), set a new Puerto Rican record in dropping 0,45 from the record he set in finishing fourth here last year (48,87).

Comment

Originally posted by Haskell45
                          She did the same thing in Beijing, had a blazing start, but this time its like she realized she was going out too fast. She eased of the gas at 100m, maybe a little too much then was right beside Novlene in the other lane coming round the bend right up to the 300m mark where Novlene made her move.

This race was sanya's to lose; its almost like like she wanted to lose too. She needs to get her head together cause this race seemed very confusing from her. But not to take any credit from Novlene, who completely destroyed sanya in the last 100m. Sanya had no more fight left in her.

How can you possibly choke in May ?

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                            The 400mh winner, Javier Culson (48,42), set a new Puerto Rican record in dropping 0,45 from the record he set in finishing fourth here last year (48,87).
                            Also a World Leader.

Comment

Sanya's excuses and attitude towards her competitors is getting very tiresome. Can she not take defeat graciously? Could she not just say Novlene ran a better race?

That aside, It will be interesting to see how Sanya fairs in her next races. This is a definate confident boost for the other top women. Of course it's not the end of the world for Sanya, but losing in Beijing and now losing her first race of 2009....

I want to know what the 'medical reasons' are re Fraser. I keep hearing that, but what exactly is the problem? Good run from Stewart. She looks very muscular in the pic on the IAAF site

Comment

Originally posted by Brettboy
                                Sanya's excuses and attitude towards her competitors is getting very tiresome. Can she not take defeat graciously? Could she not just say Novlene ran a better race?

That aside, It will be interesting to see how Sanya fairs in her next races. This is a definate confident boost for the other top women. Of course it's not the end of the world for Sanya, but losing in Beijing and now losing her first race of 2009....

I want to know what the 'medical reasons' are re Fraser. I keep hearing that, but what exactly is the problem? Good run from Stewart. She looks very muscular in the pic on the IAAF site

MVP is usually very secretive about its athletes and any ailments afflicting them but it was reported in another forum by someone with close ties to camp that she had "appendicitis" which is a minor condition. Thus, she is one her way back. Obviously this might have affected her training but she has been still running the past few weeks.

BTW, Sanya sounds "bitter". A loss is a loss, deal with it gracefully and move on.
                                Cows need love too

Comment

Working...
                                X