X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Schedules Duals with A&M and Arkansas in 2010

Both indoor and out.

http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-tra ... 09aaa.html

C'mon dude, that's soooo last week! Two headlines to that effect posted to the front page on April 24 :-)

Comment

Me likey. Now, can they get smart and do the meets live on ESPNU or CBS College Sports? Then track will have caught up with lacrosse.

Comment

Are 90% of these dual/tri meets men's teams only? What's up with the women's teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
          Are 90% of these dual/tri meets men's teams only? What's up with the women's teams?
          GT v UGA dual was both men and women. I'm not sure about others.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
            Since part of the reason for reinventing the dual is to make for more watchable track, I'm guessing that people are keeping the meets one-sex for presentation reasons. And that's a move of which I can approve.

Back when women first came into the NCAA, and the dual-meet program was still pretty vibrant, we saw the emergence of the combined dual. I like women's track as much as anybody, and was a monster dual-meet fan, but melding the two, IMHO, was a horrid disaster. Meet lasts too long, the whole thing gets strung out, so the continuity of the team scoring from event to event was compromised. And to top it off, all the pits rings were full at all times. Just too much to absorb.

Comment

Working...
            X