X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Michael Johnson thinks Dwain Chambers is being ridiculous

...when he says he can beat Usain Bolt

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-spor ... -21323286/

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, isn't this the same Michael Johnson who has complained on the BBC for years that the problem with many British athletes is that they settle for being the best in their country and don't aim at the world's bests and have the wrong attitude?

Yeah this is the same Michael Johnson.

And in both instances he's probably right. :lol:
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

If he couldn't beat Tim Montgomery, Maurice Greene and Justin Gatlin, he's not going to have much chance at Tyson Gay, Walter Dix, Asafa Powell and Usain Bolt.

But you've got to try to beat 'em!

Like TrackDaddy said - MJ's right on both counts! :lol:

Comment

I disagree...yes, I think Dwain saying he's gonna beat Bolt is a bit far fetched, absolutely, but aim for those stars rather than settling for second is my point...and seems to be Johnson's, except when it's about Chambers... :roll:

Comment

We basically have two claims:

1. Chambers is not good enough to defeat Bolt.

2. Being content with being the British number one can be an
          obstacle in development.

I consider both to be true, and entirely compatible with each other. Consider
          the following _hypothetical_ incorporation of both ``Chambers is content with
          being the British number one, too lazy to train properly, and correspondingly
          not a match for Bolt. If he puts in two years of to-the-limit training, maybe
          he can be a threat. If nothing else, he will have a shot for the big medals.''

Comment

Originally posted by imaginative
            Consider the following hypothetical incorporation of both ``Chambers is content with being the British number one, too lazy to train properly, and correspondingly not a match for Bolt. If he puts in two years of to-the-limit training, maybe he can be a threat. If nothing else, he will have a shot for the big medals.''
            I don't think his work ethic lags much behind his mouth. Thus, there is not a question of Chambers, himself, being connected with laziness. He's not a corresponding match for Bolt despite his capacity to train, recover and race at his best; he simply is not as a good as Bolt. He can have a shot at the (international) medals without being associated with laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
              If he couldn't beat Tim Montgomery, Maurice Greene and Justin Gatlin, he's not going to have much chance at Tyson Gay, Walter Dix, Asafa Powell and Usain Bolt.

But you've got to try to beat 'em!

Like TrackDaddy said - MJ's right on both counts! :lol:
              You didn't just say it would be easier to beat the GOAT than bloody Walter Dix!

Ok, Dix is talented but thats just sacrelige (sp?)

Comment

Erm .. nah. That's just the order the names popped up in my brain.

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                  Erm .. nah. That's just the order the names popped up in my brain.
                  Good good.

I can see Chambers beating Dix over a 100, but he will not get clsoe to Bolt, Powell and Gay

Comment

Working...
                  X