Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yohan Blake might deliver a sub 10.00 intention warning!!!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STL_Runner
    Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
    If the Junior world championship was this year, I don't see any reason why he couldn't have taking part. Because his birthday would've come after the meet and not before.
    Unfortunately, that's not the way it works.
    And you got to cut it off somewhere.
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Yohan is very conscientious, based on listening to his post race interview. For a 19 year old, I think he is making big strides. I heard that he got a brand new car from a new deal, which he was very excited about. I wish him all the best and I wish he will stay conscious.

Comment

Originally posted by Blimpie
        I heard that he got a brand new car from a new deal, which he was very excited about. I wish him all the best and I wish he will stay conscious.
        I just hope he uses Usain Bolt as a role model only in sprinting, not driving.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
          Originally posted by Blimpie
          I heard that he got a brand new car from a new deal, which he was very excited about. I wish him all the best and I wish he will stay conscious.
          I just hope he uses Usain Bolt as a role model only in sprinting, not driving.
          Jon Drummond, Dennis Mitchell, Usain Bolt & Maurice Green got nothing on this one. Given the relative terms of his small acheivments and those he is set to gain, in comparison to how braggy he is now, I'd say he is the cockiest I've ever seen. I like that, the sport's missing that right now, 100m guys should be the show ponys of track. Look out for this one.

...and finishing with the same time as Thompson won't help to deflate him at all. when asked about his performance, he was keen to highlight how well he did despite the false start to come form the back of the pack to finish 3rd or fourth.

...Talk about confidence, this guy is going to be great in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Henry
            Assuming he makes the team.

Comment

Assuming he makes the team.
              You suck at interpretting implicit statements. :lol:

Comment

Zackly. Age eligibility for international Youth and Junior competition is governed by your age at the end of the year of the competition. You have to be no older than 19 years old on December 31st of that year in order to be a Junior. It's IAAF Rule 141 if you want to look it up.
                And if he was delivered at the Spanish Town hospital, he would have been born in 1990 (I was born in Spanish Town -funny story as I think about it, others will be lost).

Comment

Originally posted by usafa
                  And if he was delivered at the Spanish Town hospital, he would have been born in 1990 (I was born in Spanish Town -funny story as I think about it, others will be lost).
                  OK, I'm lost. Wanna 'splain?

Comment

Originally posted by usafa
                    OK, I'm lost. Wanna 'splain?
                    Same here!!

Comment

I was born April 3rd, the hospital listed my b'day on my birth certificate as April 13 (took umpteen years to correct - pure drama in between). Yohan Blake's b'day is December 26, 1989...

If you spend a day in the hot sun at the old records office :lol:

Comment

So in Spanish Town they might have recorded Blake's birthday as December 36?

Comment

So in Spanish Town they might have recorded Blake's birthday as December 36?
                          :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by trackdug
                            thank you for this purely speculative, completely unnecessary thread...
                            Thank you for the cynical unconstructive critism.
                            De Nada

Comment

One of my strongest memories of the '06 World Juniors was seeing Blake win the bronze at age 16. He definitely had the look of somebody who would be a world force in later years. (Recognizing that age-group results are often so deceiving.)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                                One of my strongest memories of the '06 World Juniors was seeing Blake win the bronze at age 16. He definitely had the look of somebody who would be a world force in later years. (Recognizing that age-group results are often so deceiving.)

Meet was in China then. He did win the bronze in the 100m and a gold anchoring the mens(err boys 4 x 100m) relays
                                Cows need love too

Comment

Working...
                                X