Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yohan Blake might deliver a sub 10.00 intention warning!!!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yohan Blake is an U23 or a Senior

Running well so far this year, did he have an indoor season at all?

Shoukd go sub 10 b the end of the year

Comment

According to tila, he's competed indoors only once in his life--Millrose 2008. Jamaica-based athletes don't normally compete very much indoors.

Comment

Last year he race Rynell Parson's indoor.........Rynell easily dispatched of him

Comment

Originally posted by Irish100m

????? is there a U23 competion on the IAAF calender?

I do agree he will break Sub-10 before the JA nationals or at the Nationals.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
            Zackly. Age eligibility for international Youth and Junior competition is governed by your age at the end of the year of the competition. You have to be no older than 19 years old on December 31st of that year in order to be a Junior. It's IAAF Rule 141 if you want to look it up.

Yeah, anyway its put he is still only 19yrs old.

Also, IAAF change rules all the time. In 2003, Usain Bolt won world Junior 200m championships at age 15yrs. Now, Jazeel Murphy don't even qualify to take part at 2009 World Youth Championships in Summer, and he is 15yrs old.

I guess Usain Bolt will remain the youngest world junior champion for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by usafa
              I was born April 3rd, the hospital listed my b'day on my birth certificate as April 13 (took umpteen years to correct - pure drama in between). Yohan Blake's b'day is December 26, 1989...

If you spend a day in the hot sun at the old records office :lol:

LOL, so, I guess you assuming since it happen to you it happen to every possible people that were born their.

Looking at your statement, makes me wonder if everyone walking around in the world saying they are one age and really they could be older or younger than what their birth certificate states. Why couldn't your thought process, gear towards he is probably younger?

Just recently in USA, an hospital gave mothers the wrong babies...one even breast feed baby etc. So, by knowing that, I guess people should be really wondering if the baby that they bring home are really theirs; since things like this happen all over the world!!

Comment

My anecdote was supporting the argument that he could have been or just missed being a junior.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Henry
                  ...Talk about confidence, this guy is going to be great in Germany.
                  Assuming he makes the team.

He'll definately (if injury free) be on atleast the relay team in Germany. I'll go on record now and state, he will be the third male 100m runner on Jamaica's sprint team.

Will sit back and see what he does on the circuit. By the way, does anyone know his schedule for the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1

If he was European he would be classed as U23 as there are European U23 Championships, however he is basically a senior now

Definitely not a junior, though a talent none the less

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1

If he was European he would be classed as U23 as there are European U23 Championships, however he is basically a senior now

Definitely not a junior, though a talent none the less

Similar to PAN-AM games, that are held around this part of the world. Still at 19yrs old, straight out of high school he isn't doing bad against season veterans.

I doubt he would've even compete in those games, because as it stand right now, he is in Jamaica's first tier class of sprinters. Our second and third tier would go to those games and our up and coming youngsters.

He will be a 19yr old competing at Berlin, and it would be a site to see when Jamaica run 4x100m and he is on the second leg.

PS. It is interesting seeing articles stating "The next Usain Bolt", "Jamaica's next great sprinter" etc. Jamaica is bless lord, along with a very good Athletic system. Usain is only 22yrs old, and we talking about the next bolt is around the corner, rearing to go at Bolt. Eg. Nickel Ashmeade, Roman McKenzie and Dexter Lee (current World Youth and World Junior 100m champion). Can just imagine our sprint team at next 2012 Olympics and 2011 World Championships.

Comment

And then maybe Jazeel Murphy ready for 2016. It is quite an impressive group of young sprinters but the US has, and will have, great talent too.

Comment

Very impressed with Murphy - seen a video and he has an absolutely woeful start but still runs a 10.43?, so a lot of room for improvement just based on his start and technical ability, let alone natural growth, weights, speed endurance training etc etc

Comment

And then maybe Jazeel Murphy ready for 2016. It is quite an impressive group of young sprinters but the US has, and will have, great talent too.
                            I am familiar with the young Jamaican talents - but not so much so the US' can you name a few?

Comment

Working...
                            X