• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by BisonHurdler
    Originally posted by Pego
    Which med. school are you at?

University of Maryland (you know, the other medical school in Baltimore).
    LOL. Welcome to the club .

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman
    we start August 17th.
    I believe you'll be ok for the London Olympics in 2012. They'll be finished before mid-August.

I'll be knee deep in my first year of residency by then. Hope they have a nice TV in the on-call room.

(Sorry for hijacking this thread)

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied

University of Maryland (you know, the other medical school in Baltimore).

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    we start August 17th.
    I believe you'll be ok for the London Olympics in 2012. They'll be finished before mid-August.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied
    They really have to stop scheduling WC/Olympic T&F the first week of school.
    When does school begin? The Berlin WC ends on August 23.

It's med school so we start our years a little earlier than back in my undergrad days (so they can cram more pointless facts into us, I presume) . . . we start August 17th.
    How much longer to graduate?

Just finishing up my first year actually (I took the scenic route here . . . people I graduated college with would be finishing up their 4th year).

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

It's med school so we start our years a little earlier than back in my undergrad days (so they can cram more pointless facts into us, I presume) . . . we start August 17th.
    How much longer to graduate?

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    No, they need to make the first week of school the way it was in old-fart days: stars on the Tuesday after Labor Day.
    That'd mean two fewer weeks to study for boards the following summer before my clerkships . . . a trade-off that sounds enticing NOW, but I think I'll appreciate the extra time when June '10 rolls around . . .

So far my biggest sacrifices in school this past year seem to have been track-related. But I can't decide if that just means I have a boring life otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    No, they need to make the first week of school the way it was in old-fart days: stars on the Tuesday after Labor Day.

Leave a comment:

• BisonHurdler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack Slocombe
    The Universal sports channel is available on Comcast, but not Dish or Direct. The Comcast channel in the Bay area is 187.

Its is not a national channel. It is a digitial sub-channel that is available over the air on a market by market basis. I think NBC should have gone national with the channel such as a ESPN but then, it would have to work out carriage agreements with all the cable/satellite companies.

I think it took the easiest router which was to place it as a digitial subchannel since it already had the spectrum licensed to it .

Leave a comment:

• Jack Slocombe
    replied
    The Universal sports channel is available on Comcast, but not Dish or Direct. The Comcast channel in the Bay area is 187.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Unfortunately, to get a deal that would put track "guaranteed daily" on Sportscenter would have required that track pay them, rather than vice versa!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X