Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Centrowitz family the best distance running family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Centrowitz family the best distance running family?

Matt Centrowitz sr ran 3:36, Matt Centrowitz jr runs 3:36, and Lauren Centrowitz runs a 4:10.What a family!

Ivanovas?

I guess perhaps the Ivanovas have done rather better.

Quick Silver
    Hong Kong

Comment

how about the dibaba family, tirunesh and her husband sileshi sihine her sisters, olympic silver medalist in 2004 ejageyhu (i probably spelled it wrong) and genzabe (2 time world xc junior champ) and their aunt derartu tulu.
      then i would say worknesh kidane and gebremariam.
      one of centrowitz's teammates at oregon has a brother who just ran a 2:04 marathon.

there are lot but tirunesh dibaba's family is probably tops right now. and i cant see the centrowitz family ever being close.

Comment

Originally posted by doug091463
        there are lot but tirunesh dibaba's family is probably tops right now. and i cant see the centrowitz family ever being close.
        Pretty staggering family, but for stateside and state-made don't forget the Clarks and Joyners.

Comment

Originally posted by BCBaroo
          Pretty staggering family, but for stateside and state-made don't forget the Clarks and Joyners.
          Remember, this thread is about "distance running" families. :wink:

Comment

Hard to top the Morceli's:

* Noureddine Morceli - 1:44.79, 2;13.73, 3:27.37, 3:44.39, 4:47.88, 7:25.11, 13:03.85
            * Abderrahmane Morceli - 1:45.7, 2:17.4, 3;36.26, 3:54.63, 5:10.60 (older brother and coach, world ranked in the late 70s I believe)
            * Ali Morceli - rabbit (and younger brother) for Morceli in 95 and 96 in many of his sub 3:30 runs, so had to have been able to run sub4 for the mile at least, if he was on WR pace for 1100m or 1200m.

* Also: Patricia Morceli (Noureddine's wife) has run a 10k in 33min and a marathon in 2:46.

Sources: Morceli website, tilastopaja.

Comment

Working...
            X