Tasmyn Lewis ran a 57.10 400mh in Shanghai

Comment

Originally posted by Brettboy
      Tasmyn Lewis ran a 57.10 400mh in Shanghai
      actually at Fukuroi in Japan ...

Comment

Re: Results 2009 Season

Some training results from the German Decathlon training camp in France:

Jacob Minah - Flying 30m in 2.84
        If I'm doing the math right, Bolt (in Beijing) would be under 2.50, meaning 2.84 would be near 11.

Comment

After a low-key 2008 season (I think she was focusing on XC-skiiing last year, IIRC), european junior steeplechase record-holder Karoline Bjerkeli Grovdal is back with a bang. Last weekend she set a Norwegian junior 10km record of 31:29. It's probably a European junior record too, given that the WJR is only two seconds quicker, but I can't find what the current Euro jun rec is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
            After a low-key 2008 season (I think she was focusing on XC-skiiing last year, IIRC), european junior steeplechase record-holder Karoline Bjerkeli Grovdal is back with a bang. Last weekend she set a Norwegian junior 10km record of 31:29. It's probably a European junior record too, given that the WJR is only two seconds quicker, but I can't find what the current Euro jun rec is.
            Just clarifying, was that on the track or road? If it's track, then it is indeed a Euro Junior record, breaking Sandell's record of 31.40:

10000 m 31:40.42 SANDELL Annemari FIN 1977 27.07.1996 Atlanta

From: http://www.european-athletics.org/index ... &Itemid=64

Good to see her back; a terrific talent back in 07 with a 9.33 'chase. It'll be interesting to see what she can do during the Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rineanna
              Originally posted by Jon
              Just clarifying, was that on the track or road?
              Road.

Let's hope she's useless with a map at least...

Comment

Re: Results 2009 Season

Originally posted by Marlow
                Some training results from the German Decathlon training camp in France:

Jacob Minah - Flying 30m in 2.84
                If I'm doing the math right, Bolt (in Beijing) would be under 2.50, meaning 2.84 would be near 11.
                That's about right, maybe sub 11. Some decent marks for the German guys there. It's been a while since we had a genuine German decathlon medal candidate...Buseman was the last I guess, Nicklaus not quite doing enough. The German fans love the multievents, it'd be great for the champs if the German guys and gals are near or fighting for medals.

Comment

21-year-old James Dasaolu ran a 100m PB of 10.15 (1.0ms) in Pavia, Italy at the weekend. He backed it up with 10.20 in the final behind Harry Aikines-Aryeetey's 10.19 (0.1ms). Dasaolu's previous PB was 10.26 set last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                    After a low-key 2008 season (I think she was focusing on XC-skiiing last year, IIRC)...
                    LopenUupunut can probably add more, but XC skiing develops higher VO2max values and it might give her a strength that other women her age (especially lving in the west) do not have. This could stand her in good stead, although it might help more for a couple of years than later.

Comment

Well, it worked for Ingrid Kristiansen, so who knows?

Comment

Some more test meets for the German multi eventers this week, in prep for Gotzis:

Andre Nicklaus 45.67 DT, 14.58 SP

Christine Schulz 14.07 SP, 42.40 JT
                        Jennifer Oeser 13.42 SP, 41.98 JT

Interestingly Nicklaus's marks were lower than that of Albert & Mueller's earlier marks, although they aren't Nicklaus's best events. Mueller will be in Gotzis but Albert won't.

Schulz's 14.07 is a PB, but both her throws PB's are shorther than Oeser's. Oeser has been German number two for the last 3 seasons while Schulz was 5th last season, so Oeser needs to pick it up by Ratingen if she wants to be selected. Schulz has poor jumps though (5.95 LJ)

There are ten German athletes going to Gotzis:

Schwarzkopf
                        Oeser
                        Machtig
                        Kesselschlager
                        Schulz

Nicklaus
                        Schrader
                        Behrenbuch
                        Mueller
                        Minah

Comment

Sotherton opened with a 13.98 SP yesterday.

Comment

Sotherton opened with a 13.98 SP yesterday.
                            Her 13.98m was from two weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                              21-year-old James Dasaolu ran a 100m PB of 10.15 (1.0ms) in Pavia, Italy at the weekend. He backed it up with 10.20 in the final behind Harry Aikines-Aryeetey's 10.19 (0.1ms). Dasaolu's previous PB was 10.26 set last year.
                              I just photo google Dasaolu.
                              The first photo is from July last year. The 2nd photo is from Jan this year.
                              Follow the links for each one so you can see the photos enlarged.
                              Try it.
                              The difference in this guy's physique in a matter of 6 months is ridiculous! Looks as if he has been training for a bodybuilding competition, not a footrace.
                              Yeah, I don't know him or anything about him, you will say. But check it out yourself - his transformation is remarkable, and I don't know what else to say....maybe it's not the same guy...?

Comment

Working...
                              X