Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• start list are now up for doha qatar

the start list for fridays meet in doha qatar are now up, some very interesting races.
    kaki vs a. kiprop at 800
    for our english readers twell in the 1500 with olympic champ nancy lagat, vivian cheruiyiot, burka, melkamu and more.
    excellent fields in the distances.

sorry i dont know how to post links. go to iaaf.org click on competitions, then click on the qatar meet, then click on the event.

http://www.iaaf.org/gp09/results/eventc ... index.html

Sanders v Felix v Shericka Williams in the 400m! At the Penn Relays Felix ran a 49.64 split compared to Williams' 50.88. Sanders has run a 2:03 for 800m so far this year, but I doubt she has done much speed work yet and she normally takes a few races to get into her groove. Felix has won here for the past two years, but she normally competes in the 100m here too. This time she hasn't got that distraction, so I reckon Felix will win this with a sub-50 or low-50 time, with Williams and Sanders behind.

Comment

Re: start list are now up for doha qatar

Originally posted by doug091463
      sorry i dont know how to post links.
      It's easier than you think. Just cut and paste the address from the browser window and it's automatically hyper-linked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
        http://www.iaaf.org/gp09/results/eventcode=4198/index.html

Sanders v Felix v Shericka Williams in the 400m! At the Penn Relays Felix ran a 49.64 split compared to Williams' 50.88. Sanders has run a 2:03 for 800m so far this year, but I doubt she has done much speed work yet and she normally takes a few races to get into her groove. Felix has won here for the past two years, but she normally competes in the 100m here too. This time she hasn't got that distraction, so I reckon Felix will win this with a sub-50 or low-50 time, with Williams and Sanders behind.
        I agree...Felix wins easily with maybe Shericka in 2nd. But Monica Hargrove is also in this race. I'm picking her to finish either 2nd or 3rd.

I'm hoping for a good performance from her as she's a hopeful for the US 4x4 and an open 400m spot in Berlin.

The women's 100h has some interesting story lines. Felicien and Powell making their way back from injury and Olympic bronze medalist Lopes Schliep is also in the field. If Felicien and Powell ever regain previous form, the 100H is going to be the mostly hotly contested event in sport (with respects to the women's 100M), if it isnt already.

In the men's 100m field why isnt Frater in the first race? Hmmmm.

I would imagine not much trouble for Kerron in the W100m.
        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
          Don't forget Hargrove who's run 51.00 already too. Felix should run between 49.9-50.4. I reckon Williams will be running a similar time to her Penn leg. Sanders is the big question mark, her 2:03 (which could have easily have been faster) was superb, she had so much strength at the end, so may eat into the others in the last 100m. However, she probably doesnt have the speed at this time of year, which is very early for her. I'd want her to be competitive but I'd be happy with anything under 51.2

Comment

I'll go with:
            1) Felix
            2) Williams
            3) Hastings
            4) Hargrove

Comment

Question regarding American participation in sprint vs. distance events: Is it less disruptive for a sprinter's training/season plan to travel to a meet like this than it is for a distance runner?
              Being a distance guy, I get how taper, travel, race and recovery could mess with the Big Picture early in the season. I guess I'm not so clear on how all that fits into a sprinter's gameplan.
              Or is it simply that U.S. sprinters are among the best in the world so it's worth their while --competitively and financially-- to travel, while our distance runners are more suited to domestic meets?

Comment

No Frater or Williamson in the 'A' race, very strange

Comment

Comment

live coverage on Universal Sports tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Irish100m
                      pure speculation- races seeded to hope QAT sprinters get pulled to PRs/reachstandard.

edit
                      off last years list it is closer to seeded semis advance 4
                      Tom Hyland:
                      "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                        I'll go with:
                        1) Felix
                        2) Williams
                        3) Hastings
                        4) Hargrove
                        Wait!

I overlooked Hastings in the field (how could anyone overlook Hastings 8-) ).

I want a redo.

Here goes:

Felix 49.99
                        Hastings 50.32
                        Hargrove 50.57
                        Williams 51.3
                        Sanders. 52.6

(Hastings bruised her foot running barefoot at Penn so that may be a factor but I hope not).
                        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                          In the men's 100m field why isnt Frater in the first race? Hmmmm.
                          Good question, I will attempt to get an answer.
                          Regards,
                          toyracer

Comment

I assume there are heats first and the finals will follow later

Also does anyone know where UK viewers can watch this meet

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                              Originally posted by texas_speed
                              I'll go with:
                              1) Felix
                              2) Williams
                              3) Hastings
                              4) Hargrove
                              Wait!

I overlooked Hastings in the field (how could anyone overlook Hastings 8-) ).

I want a redo.

Here goes:

Felix 49.99
                              Hastings 50.32
                              Hargrove 50.57
                              Williams 51.3
                              Sanders. 52.6

(Hastings bruised her foot running barefoot at Penn so that may be a factor but I hope not).
                              if that is the order i will eat my hat ........... your really underrating Sanders

Comment

Working...
                              X