Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&FN goes tweet-tweet-tweet

OK, late to the party, but bowing to peer-group pressure, we've now got a Twitter service going. I can't promise you any thrilling commentary at this point, but we'll work our way into it.

Link on the left-hand nav column on front page.

To get to twitter.com/tandfn

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ . . .

Comment

There's a reason 60% of people who start Twitter accounts quit within a month!

But hey, if you're not familiar with it, note the set of thumbnails on the right, which take you directly to the Twitters of some interesting athletes. Bryan Clay currently very prolific. Ritz, Rowbury, Rupp, Fleshman also among them.

Comment

Don't forget my suggestion to add a link to your front page called "Track on TV" which should list all upcoming track and field meets on TV.

Thanks.
        Cows need love too

Comment

I don't twit, but my favorite one I have heard of so far is from overpaid SF Giants bomb of a pitcher Barry Zito, who twitted "Perfect night, voluspa candles lit, warm blankets, and american idol..." Of course he subsequently went three straight starts giving up no runs, so maybe there is something to those voluspa candles.

Comment

Haven't gotten into twitters, but this is where we'll get timely notice of when TAFNEWS staffers go potty and such, right??

Comment

OK, I like it, not that I'm a twitter (twit . . . tweet . . . tweeter. . . twitterer?)

Apropos of nothing I followed the link to the newly updated HS lists and saw that #1 b4x1 is

40.54 Monsignor Pace, Miami, Fl

which I saw at the 2A State Meet last Saturday (my girl won the PV - yay!), and just as an FYI, their 2nd to 3rd handoff was for crap. They had various legs hurt this year, so they weren't sharp, but every leg was ridiculously faster than anyone else's.

Comment

How come you went straight to Twitter, and skipped over Facebook?

Comment

I will definitely be following Marshevet the Corvette Hooker.

gh

I dont know if you were looking for more to include but Allyson Felix also Twitters.

http://twitter.com/allysonfelix
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

People pooh-pooh it (I love that phrase), but I find it very entertaining to read what some of our top stars post. It's refreshing to get some personal insight without the filter of agents and PR hacks.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                      How come you went straight to Twitter, and skipped over Facebook?
                      Yeah, get a Facebook account as well, and then link your Twitter account to it so that your Twitter updates also update your Facebook status

Comment

Quick list of tracksters I know are on twitter:

Allyson Felix
                        Brianna Glenn
                        Kenneth Ferguson
                        Tyrone Edgar
                        Richard Thompson
                        Natasha Hastings
                        Marshevet Hooker
                        Lolo Jones
                        Maurice Greene
                        Kelly Willie
                        Trey Hardee
                        Tasha Danvers
                        Lashinda Demus
                        Jason Richardson
                        Leonard Scott
                        Mary Wineberg
                        Akiba McKinney
                        Darold Williamson
                        Joanna Hayes
                        James Carter
                        Kerron Clement
                        Bryan Clay
                        Carol Rodriguez
                        Germaine Mason
                        Christian Smith
                        Treniere Clement
                        Galen Rupp
                        J'nette Kwakye
                        Miki Barber

Comment

Can we just get our T&F updates via this route??:

Comment

if you're under 25, you tweet just like old folks use the phone as their primary social device...

if you want to grow the sport, twitter gets the new generation into the sport..

be interesting to see what sort of results tfn has here...

better late than never

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                              People pooh-pooh it (I love that phrase), but I find it very entertaining to read what some of our top stars post. It's refreshing to get some personal insight without the filter of agents and PR hacks.
                              I had yogurt and cheetohs for breakfast this morning. There, don't you feel even more refreshed?

Comment

Working...
                              X