Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bogdanova not competing in a heptathlon till Berlin....

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogdanova not competing in a heptathlon till Berlin....

European Indoor Pentathlon champion Anna Bogdanova will not compete in a heptathlon until Berlin now, including Gotzis, according to her coach Lev Lobodin. Instead she will compete in individual events, mainaly concentrating on the 100mh, Long Jump and JT. As the JT is her weakest event she is apparently concentrating on this.

Apparently Bogdanova will not compete in Berlin afterall, according to rusathletics.com

Comment

any reason why ?

Comment

Think it goes back to Lebodin's comments when the article first came out that she was very tired after the indoor season and instead has decided to concentrate on getting her weakest event, the javelin, up to scratch. It said she would do a few LJ and 100mh meets - she's done one LJ so far, a 6.01

Comment

Bogdanova has recently got married and will apparently miss the indoor season, preferring to take a long holiday apaprently.

I always find it strange when an athlete takes time off when at their peak. Bogdanova had won the European indoors then decided to miss the world champs summer season. With the low standard for silver and bronze, she may well look back and see it as an opportunity missed. But you'd think she'd then want to come back and attack the world indoor champs pentathlon, her ideal event, but no. I guess if she was exhausted last year then that's why. I hope she comes back for the European outdoors.

Comment

She is taking a break because she is pregnant.

Comment

Apparently her baby is due jan-feb, so she will miss next season.

Comment

Working...
              X