Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allyson Felix 50.75

Comment

Felix blasted the 1st 200m but I bet the home straight hurt, although she looked comfortable as always. 50.75 a bit slower than most people predicted ...

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
        Felix blasted the 1st 200m but I bet the home straight hurt, although she looked comfortable as always. 50.75 a bit slower than most people predicted ...
        I don't even think she went out extremely fast, it rather looked like Shericka Williams needed the first 100 to get into it. Need the splits though.

Comment

Was hoping for a better time even though its a world leader. She still dominated the field however. She looked relaxed and comfortable.

Wish to see her in more competitive 400m to see how she holds up.
          Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
            I don't even think she went out extremely fast, it rather looked like Shericka Williams needed the first 100 to get into it. Need the splits though.
            i thought you went out really fast, although it probably looked faster as nicola on her inside went off really slow as always

it looked as though Alison would run away with it but she seemed to falter coming off the last bend and it looked like sherika might catch her but alison rallied to win easily.

she looked good but i was expecting more
            i deserve extra credit

Comment

Felix is outdoor WL; composite WL is Antonina Krivoshapka (Russia) 50.55i

Comment

Official Results - Women - 400 Metres Pos Athlete Nat Mark Pts
                1 Allyson Felix USA 50.75 20
                2 Amantle Montsho BOT 51.08 16
                3 Shericka Williams JAM 51.08 14
                4 Monica Hargrove USA 51.53 12
                5 Nawal El Jack SUD 51.60 10
                6 Libania Grenot ITA 51.74 8
                7 Nicola Sanders GBR 51.95 6
                8 Natasha Hastings USA 52.39 4

Pretty disappointed by Hastings run...I wonder if her foot is still bothering her.

That doesn't spell good news for the women's 4x4 if similar performances follow. I know its early but without Dee Dee, Wineberg or Monique Henderson running this year that could spell trouble for our 4x4 dominance of years past....

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed

Pretty disappointed by Hastings run...I wonder if her foot is still bothering her.

That doesn't spell good news for the women's 4x4 if similar performances follow. I know its early but without Dee Dee, Wineberg or Monique Henderson running this year that could spell trouble for our 4x4 dominance of years past....
                  i'm really happy with nicolas time :-)
                  i deserve extra credit

Comment

That doesn't spell good news for the women's 4x4 if similar performances follow.
                    I know its early but without Dee Dee, Wineberg or Monique Henderson running this year that could spell trouble for our 4x4 dominance of years past....
                    I agree.

I've read where several people said it looked bad after her leg and Penn and openly wondered if it would be a factor this year. And I'm sure the tight lane didnt hepl her either.

For a long time last year Montsho had the world leading time although it was at altitude.

I completely forgot about her.
                    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

At least Sanders is running ...

Comment

Happy to see Nawal El Jack run a decent time. She was so promising at 16 I thought she was a future world beater.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish100m
                          At least Sanders is running ...
                          exactly and coming off a 2.03 800 she can't have done much speed work.

be afraid :-)
                          i deserve extra credit

Comment

I agree. IF Felix and Richards continue to run well, the key to 4x4 could be Demus. She ran 49.38r at 2006 WCup before maternity leave in 2007. She ran 54.17 recently, but she started well in 2008. IF she makes 400H team, then she could help 4x4. 400H final is two days before 4x4 heats, so that is a good fit.
                            none

Comment

That doesn't spell good news for the women's 4x4 if similar performances follow. I know its early but without Dee Dee, Wineberg or Monique Henderson running this year that could spell trouble for our 4x4
                              Oh ye of little faith... I'll happily take Felix, Sanya and two of these up-and-comers. I'm going to guesstimate that at least two of these youngsters are going have a huge May-June and be down to 50.5 or below. That should be enough if both Felix and Sanya are in top form as expected:

Brandi Cross -- 51.63 (21 y.o.)
                              Leach Nicole -- 51.69 (21 y.o.)
                              Francena McCorory -- 51.54 (21 y.o.)
                              Jessica Beard -- 51.09 (20 y.o.)
                              Stacey-Ann Smith -- 52.90 (18 y.o.)
                              Ebony Eutsey -- 52.42 (16 y.o.)

Comment

You're crazy if you think any of those ladies would produce a winning relay when combined with Sanya and Allyson.

I don't not have faith. I'm realistic.

Who cares what those girls do in May and June...none of them, I REPEAT, NONE of them will have enough left come August to churn out a winning leg. Hell none of them will even make the US squad.

You're severely underestimating the opposition if you think we can win with some avg collegiate girls when it took a come from behind leg by Sanya to barely eke out a victory in Beijing.

As I said earlier its still early but if this trend continues through the summer it won't be good for us. Not one of those collegians is preparing for Berlin like the pros...they're preparing for the collegiate championships and you'd be foolish to think otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X