Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Hastings will be fine when it counts. It is important that she becomes her own runner and not be discouraged by being Felix's training partner. Certain athletes do not realize how grueling the workouts are with Bobby Kersee and don't adjust well to them. Ask Muna Lee. But I think Hastings can be counted on for a good relay leg and even more.

The shift of Felix from second leg to third is important. I believe she can make up a tremendous amount of ground and put Richards in a position to win.

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveTrack
      I think Hastings will be fine when it counts. It is important that she becomes her own runner and not be discouraged by being Felix's training partner. Certain athletes do not realize how grueling the workouts are with Bobby Kersee and don't adjust well to them. Ask Muna Lee. But I think Hastings can be counted on for a good relay leg and even more.

The shift of Felix from second leg to third is important. I believe she can make up a tremendous amount of ground and put Richards in a position to win.
      I also believe that Hastings will greatly benefit from training with the talented Felix and from the coaching style of Kersee. I think it fits Hastings running style to a tee.

Felix was smooth today. Controlled from start to finish.

Did I detect a limp in Hastings stride?

Heres the video of today 400m race in Doha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W68paGL5KkQ
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
        You're crazy if you think any of those ladies would produce a winning relay when combined with Sanya and Allyson.

I don't not have faith. I'm realistic.

Who cares what those girls do in May and June...none of them, I REPEAT, NONE of them will have enough left come August to churn out a winning leg. Hell none of them will even make the US squad.

You're severely underestimating the opposition if you think we can win with some avg collegiate girls when it took a come from behind leg by Sanya to barely eke out a victory in Beijing.

As I said earlier its still early but if this trend continues through the summer it won't be good for us. Not one of those collegians is preparing for Berlin like the pros...they're preparing for the collegiate championships and you'd be foolish to think otherwise.
        I agree. In 2007 Hastings had a great college year then ran 49.87 at USAT&F. By the time of WCh she ran 51.45 (7th semi) and 51.16r (1st heat).
        none

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveTrack

Why would Felix run 3rd leg? She ran 2nd in 2007 WCh & 2008 OG wins. In 2007 she received the baton in 4th place, but because of her speed she ran the 1st 200 in 22.0 to take the lead and finished with 48.0. In 2008 she received the baton in 3rd then ran 48.55 to take the lead again.

2nd leg runs 1st 100 in lanes, so there is less risk of bumping. In addition, Felix passed two runners in that 1st 100 in lanes in 2007.

I agree with the old saying: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Hastings DID run 49.97 in her OG heat, so she is improving. Sub 50s by Demus & Hastings along with 48s by Felix & Richards = a WCh win.
          none

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
            ...Did I detect a limp in Hastings stride?..
            Not so much TD. Performance was probably more a factor of specific work loss and/or meet prep fitness since Penn. However, some lingering effect from that might remain.

One wishes her well.

Comment

Hastings (Twitter): "my foot is fine. I don't make excuses. I just have to go home and work and some things".

http://twitter.com/natashahastings

Comment

Originally posted by ChuiTai
                ...Did I detect a limp in Hastings stride?..
                Not so much TD. Performance was probably more a factor of specific work loss and/or meet prep fitness since Penn. However, some lingering effect from that might remain.

One wishes her well.
                I can see that CT.

I'm sure she lost time after Penn.

EP

Im glad to hear that she is okay.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                  Hastings (Twitter): "my foot is fine. I don't make excuses. I just have to go home and work and some things".

and with that, Ms Hastings adds herself to the 'knows how to lose with class' list. The relay injury will at the very least have taken out some training, but I'd have thought it would have hurt, too.

As to the 4x400m argument - lol at the USA's on here panicking - granted, there will be a close competiton in Berlin, but you hardly need to start throwing yourselves off cliffs! Give an American quarter-miler a baton, and you lot become animals.

If only TBO could spend some time in training with them... :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames

and with that, Ms Hastings adds herself to the 'knows how to lose with class' list. The relay injury will at the very least have taken out some training, but I'd have thought it would have hurt, too.

As to the 4x400m argument - lol at the USA's on here panicking - granted, there will be a close competiton in Berlin, but you hardly need to start throwing yourselves off cliffs! Give an American quarter-miler a baton, and you lot become animals.

what's up with Mary Winberg, Dee Dee Trotter or Monique Henderson ?? are they all out for the year ?

add in sanya, alison, lashinda natasha and probably a couple more who will come out of nowhere

i wish we had your problem !!!
                    i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy

what's up with Mary Winberg, Dee Dee Trotter or Monique Henderson ?? are they all out for the year ?

add in sanya, alison, lashinda natasha and probably a couple more who will come out of nowhere

I think so.

I was told that Wineburg is pregnant, DD is taking the year off to heal, and Monique had surgery, I believe?

Comment

Why did Monique have surgery? She ran 49.78 in OG 4x400 heat.
                        none

Comment

I think so.

I was told that Wineburg is pregnant, DD is taking the year off to heal, and Monique had surgery, I believe?
                          ok maybe you do have a problem !! :?
                          i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
                            Why did Monique have surgery? She ran 49.78 in OG 4x400 heat.
                            I'm not sure.

I believe thats what I was told but I will ask around.

I found it odd too since her website said in February that she was excited about this season. But I dont believe shes competed outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy":5kllfdr4][quote=jjimbojames][quote=EPelle]Hastings (Twitter): "my foot is fine. I don't make excuses. I just have to go home and work and some things".

[url="http://twitter.com/natashahastings
                              http://twitter.com/natashahastings[/url]

I think so.

I was told that Wineburg is pregnant, DD is taking the year off to heal, and Monique had surgery, I believe?[/quote]

ok maybe you do have a problem !! :?[/quote:5kllfdr4]

LOL

Yeah but hopefully we have enough depth.

Hastings said that she will be fine.

As for the collegiates, I'll tell you that IMO Jessica Beard will be a magnificent pro when she moves up to this level.

I'm not sure when though.

Her frames, running style, etc,,,

I can see her helping the US in the future if she stays healthy.

Comment

even your unknown runners always brung it in the 4x4 which is more than i can say for our OG champ you'll be just fine
                                i deserve extra credit

Comment

Working...
                                X