Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texas_speed
    ...... I know its early but without Dee Dee, Wineberg or Monique Henderson running this year that could spell trouble for our 4x4 dominance of years past....
    I don't think I recall hearing before that Trotter wasn't running. Whassup?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      Originally posted by texas_speed
      ...... I know its early but without Dee Dee, Wineberg or Monique Henderson running this year that could spell trouble for our 4x4 dominance of years past....
      I don't think I recall hearing before that Trotter wasn't running. Whassup?
      I agree. I've heard nothing about her not running in 2009, but usually Adidas isn't even her first meet, so I echo gh. "Whassup?"
      none

Comment

If you go to google news and enter her name, you'll see current articles addressing Trotter

Comment

Originally posted by TrakFan
          If you go to google news and enter her name, you'll see current articles addressing Trotter
          Thanks, but there was no mention of her next race. She has qualified for USAT&F, but she probably needs races to qualify for WCh open 400, especially if Felix chooses 400.

She was at the Adidas press conference, but no mention of her racing so I repeat. "Whassup?"
          none

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
            Originally posted by TrakFan
            Thanks, but there was no mention of her next race. She has qualified for USAT&F, but she probably needs races to qualify for WCh open 400, especially if Felix chooses 400.

She was at the Adidas press conference, but no mention of her racing so I repeat. "Whassup?"
            The NY Times article stated:
            http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/sport ... ref=sports

"The American sprinter Dee Dee Trotter returned to training last Wednesday after a long layoff because of knee surgery to repair damage caused by a freakish accident before last year’s Olympics... She is hoping to get back into competition later this year, though making it to nationals in June may be too big a push....“My first time out was today,” she said. “It was just more cardio, trying to get back in shape. Then, we go from there and see where it goes.”

The article was published May 2nd, she hit the track for the FIRST time the week prior (end of April), and she stated that she was working on cardio and trying to get back into shape. Based on the article, Its likely she doesn't know when she'll run her first race. What else are you looking for?

Edited to add article link

Comment

I read somewhere that she was taking the year off to heal, I believe.

Remember last year she made the team with a broken bone(?) in her leg at trials. She wasnt herself in Beijing and chose to relinquish her leg on the 4x4 in the final because of it.

EDIT: I typed this before the article above was posted. I'm glad to hear that she's now training.
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Thanks to "TrakFan" & "Trackdaddy" for the info.

This is one more reason for Felix to do 400 at USAT&F then 400/200/4x400 at WCh.

Trotter's waiting for Summer to race is a good idea based on the above.
                none

Comment

Did we ever get an answer to the question about Monique Henderson. Did she have surgery? What kind? What's the prognosis? She still hasn't competed yet this year.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                    Did we ever get an answer to the question about Monique Henderson. Did she have surgery? What kind? What's the prognosis? She still hasn't competed yet this year.
                    She said she is taking the year off.
                    Afrikan

Comment

Doha 2009: W 400 (Felix 50.75 WL)

FYI -- I just noticed that DeeDee Trotter is entered in the USAT&F W 400.
                      none

Comment

Working...
                      X