X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gleason
    replied
    Doha 2009: W 400 (Felix 50.75 WL)

FYI -- I just noticed that DeeDee Trotter is entered in the USAT&F W 400.

Leave a comment:

• Taliban
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman
    Did we ever get an answer to the question about Monique Henderson. Did she have surgery? What kind? What's the prognosis? She still hasn't competed yet this year.
    She said she is taking the year off.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Did we ever get an answer to the question about Monique Henderson. Did she have surgery? What kind? What's the prognosis? She still hasn't competed yet this year.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Thanks to "TrakFan" & "Trackdaddy" for the info.

This is one more reason for Felix to do 400 at USAT&F then 400/200/4x400 at WCh.

Trotter's waiting for Summer to race is a good idea based on the above.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    I read somewhere that she was taking the year off to heal, I believe.

Remember last year she made the team with a broken bone(?) in her leg at trials. She wasnt herself in Beijing and chose to relinquish her leg on the 4x4 in the final because of it.

EDIT: I typed this before the article above was posted. I'm glad to hear that she's now training.

Leave a comment:

• TrakFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gleason
    Originally posted by TrakFan
    If you go to google news and enter her name, you'll see current articles addressing Trotter
    Thanks, but there was no mention of her next race. She has qualified for USAT&F, but she probably needs races to qualify for WCh open 400, especially if Felix chooses 400.

She was at the Adidas press conference, but no mention of her racing so I repeat. "Whassup?"
    The NY Times article stated:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/sport ... ref=sports

"The American sprinter Dee Dee Trotter returned to training last Wednesday after a long layoff because of knee surgery to repair damage caused by a freakish accident before last year’s Olympics... She is hoping to get back into competition later this year, though making it to nationals in June may be too big a push....“My first time out was today,” she said. “It was just more cardio, trying to get back in shape. Then, we go from there and see where it goes.”

The article was published May 2nd, she hit the track for the FIRST time the week prior (end of April), and she stated that she was working on cardio and trying to get back into shape. Based on the article, Its likely she doesn't know when she'll run her first race. What else are you looking for?

Edited to add article link

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by TrakFan
    If you go to google news and enter her name, you'll see current articles addressing Trotter
    Thanks, but there was no mention of her next race. She has qualified for USAT&F, but she probably needs races to qualify for WCh open 400, especially if Felix chooses 400.

She was at the Adidas press conference, but no mention of her racing so I repeat. "Whassup?"

Leave a comment:

• TrakFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    ...... I know its early but without Dee Dee, Wineberg or Monique Henderson running this year that could spell trouble for our 4x4 dominance of years past....
    I don't think I recall hearing before that Trotter wasn't running. Whassup?
    I agree. I've heard nothing about her not running in 2009, but usually Adidas isn't even her first meet, so I echo gh. "Whassup?"

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    ...... I know its early but without Dee Dee, Wineberg or Monique Henderson running this year that could spell trouble for our 4x4 dominance of years past....
    I don't think I recall hearing before that Trotter wasn't running. Whassup?

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied
    even your unknown runners always brung it in the 4x4 which is more than i can say for our OG champ you'll be just fine

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by mump boy
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by mump boy":5kllfdr4][quote=jjimbojames][quote=EPelle]Hastings (Twitter): "my foot is fine. I don't make excuses. I just have to go home and work and some things".

[url="http://twitter.com/natashahastings
    http://twitter.com/natashahastings[/url]
    and with that, Ms Hastings adds herself to the 'knows how to lose with class' list. The relay injury will at the very least have taken out some training, but I'd have thought it would have hurt, too.

As to the 4x400m argument - lol at the USA's on here panicking - granted, there will be a close competiton in Berlin, but you hardly need to start throwing yourselves off cliffs! Give an American quarter-miler a baton, and you lot become animals.

If only TBO could spend some time in training with them... :lol:
    what's up with Mary Winberg, Dee Dee Trotter or Monique Henderson ?? are they all out for the year ?

add in sanya, alison, lashinda natasha and probably a couple more who will come out of nowhere

i wish we had your problem !!!
    I think so.

I was told that Wineburg is pregnant, DD is taking the year off to heal, and Monique had surgery, I believe?[/quote]

ok maybe you do have a problem !! :?[/quote:5kllfdr4]

LOL

Yeah but hopefully we have enough depth.

Hastings said that she will be fine.

As for the collegiates, I'll tell you that IMO Jessica Beard will be a magnificent pro when she moves up to this level.

I'm not sure when though.

Her frames, running style, etc,,,

I can see her helping the US in the future if she stays healthy.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gleason
    Why did Monique have surgery? She ran 49.78 in OG 4x400 heat.
    I'm not sure.

I believe thats what I was told but I will ask around.

I found it odd too since her website said in February that she was excited about this season. But I dont believe shes competed outdoors.

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by mump boy
    Originally posted by jjimbojames
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Hastings (Twitter): "my foot is fine. I don't make excuses. I just have to go home and work and some things".

http://twitter.com/natashahastings
    and with that, Ms Hastings adds herself to the 'knows how to lose with class' list. The relay injury will at the very least have taken out some training, but I'd have thought it would have hurt, too.

As to the 4x400m argument - lol at the USA's on here panicking - granted, there will be a close competiton in Berlin, but you hardly need to start throwing yourselves off cliffs! Give an American quarter-miler a baton, and you lot become animals.

If only TBO could spend some time in training with them... :lol:
    what's up with Mary Winberg, Dee Dee Trotter or Monique Henderson ?? are they all out for the year ?

add in sanya, alison, lashinda natasha and probably a couple more who will come out of nowhere

i wish we had your problem !!!
    I think so.

I was told that Wineburg is pregnant, DD is taking the year off to heal, and Monique had surgery, I believe?
    ok maybe you do have a problem !! :?

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Why did Monique have surgery? She ran 49.78 in OG 4x400 heat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X