Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Sports HDTV Channel 4.4 in New York

I'm watching the meet on channel WNBC 4.4 in New York. I was not able to watch on the web site, however.

Are you sure its in HD and not SD(standard digital).
    Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
      It's HD

Comment

Originally posted by gcheves
        It's HD
        How sure are you? The digital subchannels(where Universal Sports) is located around the country) are usually not on HD.
        Cows need love too

Comment

Also, who is doing to commentary?. Is it Carol Lewis and Co. or BBC commentators?
          Cows need love too

Comment

It's HD
            How sure are you? The digital subchannels(where Universal Sports) is located around the country) are usually not on HD.
            It's broadcast on an HD Channel is all I can say with certainty, and I know that because I'm using the Pinnacle HDTV PC mini USB stick to pick up the signal.

Comment

Also, who is doing to commentary?. Is it Carol Lewis and Co. or BBC commentators?
              No, It's Johnson, the tall guy who used to be a rabbit in the 800. I think his name is Lewis Johnson and Dwight Stones is assisting him

Comment

No, It's Johnson, the tall guy who used to be a rabbit in the 800. I think his name is Lewis Johnson and Dwight Stones is assisting him

Last year, Universal Sports did a couple of these meets as (voice overs) whereby the US commentators where in their studios in New York and calling the race as they see on their satellite feedt. It was very obvious then that they were not actually at the meet (they made tonnes of mistakes) and I assume that it is the same deal here.
                Cows need love too

Comment

Last year, Universal Sports did a couple of these meets as (voice overs) whereby the US commentators where in their studios in New York and calling the race as they see on their satellite feedt. It was very obvious then that they were not actually at the meet (they made tonnes of mistakes) and I assume that it is the same deal here.
                  That may be the case but thus far it's pretty seamless

Comment

It's HD
                    It's broadcast on an HD Channel is all I can say with certainty, and I know that because I'm using the Pinnacle HDTV PC mini USB stick to pick up the signal.
                    Since it's a sub channel it is guaranteed to be digital. There is a 99.99% chance it is not HD. What size screen you watching on. Is it widescreen and not stretched?

Comment

Originally posted by donley2
                      It's HD
                      Since it's a sub channel it is guaranteed to be digital. There is a 99.99% chance it is not HD. What size screen you watching on. Is it widescreen and not stretched?
                      That is what I am trying to explain to him. Only the main channels (eg. 4.1) are usually HD. Everything else eg. 4.2, 4.3 are usually just digital. And again, it appears he is watching it on his PC so he might be a bit confused.
                      Cows need love too

Comment

[quote=jamaicantrackfan]
                        Originally posted by donley2
                        Originally posted by "jamaicantrackfan":3qk2n1r3
                        It's HD
                        That is what I am trying to explain to him. Only the main channels (eg. 4.1) are usually HD. Everything else eg. 4.2, 4.3 are usually just digital. And again, it appears he is watching it on his PC so he might be a bit confused.[/quote:3qk2n1r3]

I'm watching on a 22" monitor

Comment

It could still be stretched to fill your entire screen. Not because it shows up fully on your HD TV monitor means its in HD. As far as I know, Universal Sports in not broadcast in HD anywhere in the county. Its just digital and not HD.
                          Cows need love too

Comment

It could still be stretched to fill your entire screen. Not because it shows up fully on your HD TV monitor means its in HD. As far as I know, Universal Sports in not broadcast in HD anywhere in the county. Its just digital and not HD.
                            It's still a beautiful clear reception nonetheless - much better than Universal Sports web site.

Comment

It's still a beautiful clear reception nonetheless - much better than Universal Sports web site.
                              Yes. Digital channels look alot better than the old analog channels but not as great as HD channels.
                              Cows need love too

Comment

Working...
                              X