Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pauluk63
    why isnt anna planning to go to berlin???

also jess for 6th??? i think jess on form is a far better candidate than bogdanova she has higher pbs and more experience already....
    http://eng.rusathletics.com/nov/nov.php?ind=3950

The chief trainer in the multi events Lev Lobodin said Anna will compete in the heptathlon’s events including the long jump, the 100mH and the javelin throw. He and Anna decided to concentrate on the javelin throw, which is a poor event of Bogdanova.

So, she will not prepare for the World Championships in Berlin.

It's all a bit confusing. Anna has said she is competing in Gotzis but why on earth not compete in Berlin? I wonder if some information became misconstrued by the media :?
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by scoe
      If the top Heptathletes are 100 % fit it seems to me that the WC2009 is going to be Fountain for Gold; Bogdanova for Silver; Olympic Champ for Bronze; after that anybody for 4th to 6th. Ennis for a probable top 6 place.
      considering Jess came 4th at the last WC against Kluft and Blonska how does she drop to maybe 6th this time with more experience and a vastly improved JT. She is not only an extraordinarily talented athlete but very smart as well she is learning all the time. i expect even bigger improvements to the JT this year and as long as she can adapt to the new take off leg her LJ is due massive revision. She is never going to be a massive SP she's too small but as long as she can stay consistent in 13.50 or hopefully get up to 14m she can dominate this event in the future
      i deserve extra credit

Comment

I predict a place in the top six, but no medal for Ennis who may well improve in the next few years but then so will others. Talented,yes, but too small.

Mump boy save me the cursed '' isabre'' technique and do a little prediction of your own. Where will she come in August in Berlin. Are you writing that she will medal. Off the fence please.

I suggest fifth place. for Ennis.

Comment

considering Jess came 4th at the last WC against Kluft and Blonska how does she drop to maybe 6th this time with more experience and a vastly improved JT.
          I predict a place in the top six, but no medal for Ennis who may well improve in the next few years but then so will others. Talented,yes, but too small.

Mump boy save me the cursed '' isabre'' technique and do a little prediction of your own. Where will she come in August in Berlin. Are you writing that she will medal. Off the fence please.

Maybe it's the 'Scoe' technique, but you dodged Mump's question, which I see as perfectly legitimate: How does an athlete who finished fourth two years ago, and hasn't disimproved significantly in any event, end up finishing 5th against a weaker field than she faced then?

Comment

Originally posted by Rineanna
            considering Jess came 4th at the last WC against Kluft and Blonska how does she drop to maybe 6th this time with more experience and a vastly improved JT.

Maybe it's the 'Scoe' technique, but you dodged Mump's question, which I see as perfectly legitimate: How does an athlete who finished fourth two years ago, and hasn't disimproved significantly in any event, end up finishing 5th against a weaker field than she faced then?
            exactly.

To be clear i do predict a medal which colour will depend on others as well as Jess' performance. Althought she is small this only really hampers her in 1 event the SP considering she can jump 1.95 !! in HJ which is better than any of her contemparies. her hight isn;t necessarily a disadantage in the JT Margaret Simpson who is even smaller i a 55m thrower.

she is as good if not better than everyone in 110h, HJ, 200, 800m is improving in JT (up from 38-42m this year), has huge potential in the LJ. As long as she doesn't do a Eunice and throw 11m in the SP she will always be in contention.
            i deserve extra credit

Comment

6.16m for Ennis, into a marginal headwind. I was hoping for about 6.20m so that's very pleasing progress.

Comment

just to view potentials... if PBS where scored (which i know never would be but just an idea) this would be some of the scores...

Chernova 6978
                Fountain 6925
                Dobrynska 6848
                Sotherton 6844
                Ennis 6783
                Schwarzkopf 6687
                Bogdanova 6645

Chenova, Ennis and Bogdanova seem the most likely of the bunch to be capable of improving PBS... Fountain if she gets a heptathlon right from start to finish has every chance... Dobrynska has put it all together and Schwarzkopf has the home crowd so I think its anyones....

Comment

6.16 is a left leg PB... (brightside)

Ennis needs 6.50+ if she is gonna have a chance of medle!

Comment

Oh absolutely. But it's better than the 5.98 she recorded a week or so ago. I imagine switching long jump legs is like learning to write with your other hand or for 400H peeps learning to alternate.

I remember reading that her problem with the long jump in previous years was that she kept using her high jump take off which is why she wasn't maximising her considerable potential in the event. I also assume that constant practice to correct that is what gave her the stress fracture in the first place. Presumably, with no 'unlearning' to do with the left foot, she can get the right long jump technique in place.

Comment

Bear in mind that it was also into a headwind, so that could be 10-15cm longer with a +1m/s tailwind and it was only 17cm shy to what she achieved in Osaka en route to her PB.

Comment

It is wrong to surmise that logic is the answer to how Ennis will place this year if she competes in the WC. .

You and your stats can in no way whatsoever disprove my opinion that Ennis will come 5th/6th in the WC; . maybe she will and maybe she won't.

What happened last year or the year before is not relevant, imo. I see no rational justification that because Ennis came 4th previously with 6469 and now she just MAY do better in Berlin that means she will place higher.
                        A strange argument, because what also matters are the performances of fellow competitors who will just as likely improve this year from previous performances.

I stand by my views that Ennis too small to get to anything better than a 3rd place at any time in the future.

Time will tell and I will say my say in post Hep competition in August. 2009

Your comments remind me of another little pash that a Brit lady on Athleticsdaily had about Sotherton.

Comment

Ennis now only needs to run 2:18.1 to set a new PB. 2:12.00 would get her to 6557 points.
                          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

What did she throw in the javelin?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
                              What did she throw in the javelin?
                              42.70m

Comment

Even though Jess hasn't set any PBs, this has been her most consistent performance by far. Normally she has one really lack lustre event but they have all be solid so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X