Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panteleyeva (8-)) looks ready to drop her 800m down following an indoor PB; she has hit 2.12 on two different years. Can get reeled along for a 2.10 surprise and an outstanding score for the young Russian. First up for her, however, is getting used to competing outside of her home country (she's only 20).

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
      Why don't you think that Ennis can go much faster than her current PB? Her two fastest times of 12.97 and 12.98 have only been aided by negligible
      tailwinds and I'm sure she can improve by one-tenth, at least.

However, I agree I don't think she can go much higher than 1.98m though (and perhaps the 200m) but I don't see why she won't be as fast as Kelly over 800m. The shot and javelin are improving all the time but I would like to see Ennis throw the shot under pressure because it can break down sometimes, like in Osaka, which cost her a medal.
      I think she can run a faster 100mh definately, but not necessarily in Berlin. I think it's reasonable to expect around 12.9 in Berlin, so yes, faster than what she ran in Italy, but not much. She under achieved in the Osaka HJ, so if she can do 1.90 in Berlin that'd be great. Anything more would of course be fantastic. What I'm looking at is for her to repeat her 100mh and HJ times in Berlin and improve some of her other events. I think it's a lot to expect her to improve all of them.

Comment

Unlikely that Ennis will do more in SP in Berlin than 13.50 or more than 44m in the Javelin.
        However 12.90;1.90;13.30;23.20;6.20;43.00; and 2mins 9.00 would give Ennis 6668 points. and these performances are all very reasonable for Ennis. I believe that after some disappointing Beijing scores we will see in good weather conditions at least 3 athletes over 6600 points.

Comment

Originally posted by scoe
          Unlikely that Ennis will do more in SP in Berlin than 13.50 or more than 44m in the Javelin.
          However 12.90;1.90;13.30;23.20;6.20;43.00; and 2mins 9.00 would give Ennis 6668 points. and these performances are all very reasonable for Ennis. I believe that after some disappointing Beijing scores we will see in good weather conditions at least 3 athletes over 6600 points.
          that makes a lot of sense to me in fact i think it's quite conservative on the HJ 200 and LJ
          i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
            that makes a lot of sense to me in fact i think it's quite conservative on the HJ 200 and LJ
            It wouldn't be realistic to assume she can perform at PB level in all 7 events. That just doesn't happen.
            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Tell that to Mikk Pahapill

Comment

Assuming optimism and all going right for Ennis, with good weather conditions and following winds, 12.87;1.90;13.50;23.10;6.25;43.50 and 2.9.00 do not seem wild predictions. Those performances would total 6858.!!! That would def a medal. I know that I predicted earlier 5th place for Ennis, so evrything would have to be perfect for Ennis for 6858.

Comment

Good to see Ennis back and doing well.

Comment

Croflash, how do you see your German women doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Brettboy
                      To clarify re Bogdanova, she does intend to compete in Berlin.
                      Instead she's competing in individual events, focussing on her weakest, the JT, but also doing the 100mh and LJ, two of her better events.

In the long I think she's ready to jump over 6.60m but she needs to improve her JT significantly.
                      Bogdanova opened with a 6.01 LJ at a junior meet in Sochi over the weekend. Doesn't look like she's ready to do 6.60 just yet.... ops:

Comment

Working...
                      X