Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrae Williams 400m

Perhaps an overlooked 400m runner, Andrae Williams seems to have popped onto the scene this year and is running pretty consistently. He has beaten some good competition, including Olympic Finalist Renny Quow as well as Darold Williamson on two occasions, and had a 44.24 split at the Penn Relays (fastest of all 400m splits).

Results from this past week show he ran a 44.98

1 Williams, Andrae Unattached 44.98R
    2 Williamson, Darold Nike 45.68R
    3 Ayre, Sanjay Unattached 45.98R
    4 Mims, Rodney Texas Tech 46.18R
    5 Gordon, Jimmie Unattached 46.92R
    6 Washington, Brandon Texas Tech 47.52

If he can keep this up, he will put himself in good position for Worlds. The Bahamas is producing some good 400m runners in the past few years. Hopefully this will make the 4x4 at the major championships more exciting race this year and the years to come.

Andrae Williams

He may be developing an interesting comeback. He only ran 45.52 in 2008. His 44.90 pr was run while finishing third in the 2005 NCAA for Texas Tech.
    none

Comment

Meeting was held in Lubbock, TX (Texas Tech Open) the 7th

Comment

His next meet? Gonna keep an eye on him

Comment

Originally posted by pela2
          Meeting was held in Lubbock, TX (Texas Tech Open) the 7th
          How much assistance does the altitude give in Lubbock (1000m)?

Comment

I couldn't imagine much, if any advantage.

Comment

I thought his relay leg @ Penn was impressive as well. I always liked his attitude towards Rooney's gesturing in the Beijing 4x4 SF.

Comment

Originally posted by dowin
                I couldn't imagine much, if any advantage.
                JRM's calculator yields an advantage of 0.038 for 100m at 11.00 => 0.156 seconds for 400m @ 44.00. Not a lot, but not quite trivial.

Comment

And I still maintain that all the brilliant guys (that meant as a compliment) who have created altitude conversion charts are too conservative w/ their figures. i.e., I tihnk the aid is always more.

Comment

For what it is worth, I have been convinced that gh's position is basically right - that altitude is more of a help than the calculations seem to indicate. I do not know if this is because of diminish 'boundary layer' turbulence or what.

Comment

see this ancient thread, which I've now bumped to top.

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... 268#536268

Comment

Wow look like Awilliams is finally coming around, this is a good sign I always think that he is a big key to the Bahamas 4x400m

Comment

What is the next meet he is running?

Comment

JRM's 400m calculator says it's worth 45.21, which would make it only his third-best race of the year. That seems about right considering it was against much lesser competition than his 45.06 in Guadeloupe. Him + Chris Brown + Andretti Bain + Michael Mathieu makes for a pretty tough relay.

Comment

Just give the young man his 44.98 ok, SO what about calculations; I saw his name on the start list for the meet in Puerto Rico this weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X