Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mDT start lists up for La Jolla

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mDT start lists up for La Jolla

    The UCSD hosts the final installment of the Gerd Kantor US WR attempt tour. The start list is possibly a work in progress, but has most of the crew that competed at the two Chula Vista meets. Neither Rome nor Waltz are on the list, and there is no WDT nor MSP start list up as of a few minutes ago. To monitor:

    www.team75plus.com

  • #2
    Discus at Hartnell College?

    There was a rumor than Gerd Kantor EST was going to compete May 12 at Hartnell College in Salinas. Anyone know any more?

    Comment


    • #3
      Waltz will be competing in Salinas tomorrow. No idea if Kanter will be there.

      Comment


      • #4
        w/ Salinas being an illegal field, why is anybody competing there this year?

        (Kanter announced he had pulled out when this was discovered before the May 5 meet)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by gh
          w/ Salinas being an illegal field, why is anybody competing there this year?

          (Kanter announced he had pulled out when this was discovered before the May 5 meet)
          My understanding of the Hartnell situation (mostly, from you, I think) is that the field is only illegal, ie sloaping, for very long throws, like the outside field at UCSD. I may have garbled the information about that situation. See Irvine rumor inadvertenly created by me. I guess of all the things I have lost in my life, I miss my mind the most :shock: At any rate, Gerd and gang will be at UCSC at 2pm PDT. Still no start lists for WDT and MSP.

          Comment


          • #6
            Salinas has problems at "all" lengths apparently.

            Comment


            • #7
              The results are up on www.team75plus.com. Kanter won at 69.47. The women's results (not up on the site):

              Becky Briech 59.94
              Dawdeep Dhaliwal 49.27
              Sarah Hendy 46.58

              I didn't hang around for the MSP, most the same crew which couldn't crack 19.50 at Chula Vista. I would have stayed, except I only had about 10 minutes on my parking voucher and I don't know how hungry UCSD is for fines :shock:

              Of the non-US throwers, only Arrhenius will be at Carson. Everyone else is heading to Europe.

              Comment


              • #8
                I've now talked to a second person (of impeccable credentials) who has seen the Salinas surveyor's report. Field is markedly wonky at all distances, at all angles. I gather we're talking feet in some places, not inches.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was talking with Mary about this at dinner tonight (boy, do we have super intellectual conversations) and I contended that the softball field probably gets more student usage than the landing areas for the the long throws at Hartnell. At any rate, it probably can't be fixed (if those in charge wanted to fix it in the first place) because of the financial problems that CA is in right now. "You want to spend what? For modifying DT landing areas? To serve who?" Yeah, right.

                  With the Cal Relays in hiatus, and I guess not to return to Modesto?, would a throws only meet there in the spring make sense? Just a thought.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mike renfro
                    I was talking with Mary about this at dinner tonight (boy, do we have super intellectual conversations) and I contended that the softball field probably gets more student usage than the landing areas for the the long throws at Hartnell. At any rate, it probably can't be fixed (if those in charge wanted to fix it in the first place) because of the financial problems that CA is in right now. "You want to spend what? For modifying DT landing areas? To serve who?" Yeah, right.
                    Actually, they wouldn't have to modify the landing area at all; they just have to dig a hole and lower the ring, which I imagine would be much cheaper. I've seen hammer/discus throw circles that appear to be sunk below the surfice of the immediately surrounding area. I presumed they were done that way in order to be level with the landing area.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tandfman
                      they just have to dig a hole and lower the ring
                      Would give new meaning to being on deck, and in the hole . . .

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X