X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WADA a virtual police force

According to Sepp Blatter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8044785.stm

I'm still trying to figure out what WADA and FIFA have to do with the NFL . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
      Here's how I see it:

The NFL refuses to adopt the WADA Code, thus enabling doping by its athletes.

FIFA has adopted the WADA Code but has fought to weaken it, thus enabling doping by its athletes.

The IAAF and other federations have not only adopted the WADA Code but also sought to strengthen it, thus showing that they (and they alone) are truly committed to stopping doping by their athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
        Here's how I see it:

FIFA has adopted the WADA Code but has fought to weaken it, thus enabling doping by its athletes.

The IAAF and other federations have not only adopted the WADA Code but also sought to strengthen it, thus showing that they (and they alone) are truly committed to stopping doping by their athletes.
        Cosign. Drug testing in American sports(NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS) is a joke and they know it too.
        Cows need love too

Comment

Here's how I see it:

All of which is true, and which has led us to the sad reality that the football players (both varieties) are virtually bulletproof from public opinion and track has become a pariah.

Wow, talk about a Pyrrhic Victory!

Comment

Perhaps, but the public opinion tide may be turning, thanks to the recent baseball news and what seems to be a related increase in the number of media types who are criticizing baseball and its athletes and, in some cases, citing t&f as a sport that's been doing the right thing and has made good progress in cleaning up the sport.

Comment

Perhaps, but the public opinion tide may be turning . . .
              I'll believe that when people stop watching the NFL because they don't like seeing big huge fast guys beating the snot out of each other . . .

Comment

You don't listen to enough sports-talk radio/TV. All the ManRam catch has done in this part of the world is have people wonder why Barry was singled out, and start up a call for him to be back playing soon.

The tide of public opinion is profound disinterest in what these guys do so long as they're helping their favorite team win.

FIFA and the NFL can afford to stonewall because it's what the fan base wants.

Comment

By assuming the athletes are guilty, treating them in some ways like prisoners and much harsher than we treat parolees, while we all know the sport is not even close to clean in spite of this. On top of this we continue to list world records we know are dirty and may never be topped, all this while our fan base during the same timeframe became a few old codgers with hair growing out of their ears talking about how great the '68 Olympic Games were. Pathetic . . .

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    You don't listen to enough sports-talk radio/TV.
                    I don't listen to any. That's enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X