Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad to see Torrin Lawrence pull up. He's a mega-talent.

Comment

Finally a Jamaican under 45
      Dwight mullings, brother of Steve 44.98 to finish 2nd to Calvin Smith jr.
      why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by AS
        Thanks for that BillVoll... ggod win by the Aussie lad.

Nice to see an Aussie lass also pick up 4th in the women's race.

Good weekend all round with Aussie wins at various conference meets:

McNeill (x2) at Big Sky
        Wheatley at Big 12
        Buckman at Pac 10
        Foster at Big 10

More details here: http://www.athletics-gold.com/?p=1149
        Oops, I missed one: La Caze in the SEC Women's Steeple...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
          Not much talk about Booker Nunley's 13.49 in the 110H. Admittedly, I've never heard of him either, but he is only 18 years old and his time is the equal 10th best all time by a junior athlete.

Another junior I've not heard much about - Marcus Rowland - did pretty well too. He ran 10.13 (1.1ms), 20.69 (1.1ms) and 20.73 (-1.1). Pretty impressive set of times.
          Nunley, a freshman at South Carolina, was the 2008 Junior National Champion and the 2008 World Junior Silver Medalist. The most amazing thing about him running this time is that he had heart surgery in November of 2008 after finding out he had a potential career ending as well as possible life ending heart problem. This kid is one to watch!

Comment

LSU Women

Think how good LSU would be this year if Nickiesha Wilson had not turned pro early. She is worth at least 18 points and maybe 22.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
              Originally posted by RQ
              10.01holliday
              10.08hall
              10.13 rowland
              10.15 wilkst

13.29richardson

44.96smith
              It's good to see Holiday update his 2-year-old PR, albeit barely.
              What were the weather conditions like during this race?

Was it still rainy and wet?

If it was, then that's a pretty nice time for Holliday. I remember him looking very fast at Penn Relays on anchor, so I was hoping he might drop some good times later on this season. Looks like he is on track to do just that. I think he might go 9.9-low this season! Which would be pretty funny looking considering he's only 5'5, lol.

Comment

Holliday hasn't grown any in the four years since he enrolled at LSU according to the LSU fotboll roster, but is listed at 5-6 on the track roster.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                  Holliday hasn't grown any in the four years since he enrolled at LSU according to the LSU fotboll roster, but is listed at 5-6 on the track roster.
                  I suspect that either they measured him with his shoes on, or they just straight up added and inch. He barely even looks 5'5, if you just look at him next to other runners that are 5'7 or 5'8. He looks like 5'4 and a half or something.

In any case, he's a pretty fast dude.

Comment

Originally posted by The Atheist
                    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                    Originally posted by RQ
                    10.01holliday
                    10.08hall
                    10.13 rowland
                    10.15 wilkst

13.29richardson

44.96smith
                    It's good to see Holiday update his 2-year-old PR, albeit barely.
                    What were the weather conditions like during this race?

Was it still rainy and wet?

If it was, then that's a pretty nice time for Holliday. I remember him looking very fast at Penn Relays on anchor, so I was hoping he might drop some good times later on this season. Looks like he is on track to do just that. I think he might go 9.9-low this season! Which would be pretty funny looking considering he's only 5'5, lol.
                    Yes, it was still wet when they ran after a 90-minute weather delay. According to Holliday, he's the lightest he's been during track season since he's been at LSU, and he attributes part of that to not having to do spring football.

Comment

Originally posted by RQ
                      http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...-championships

Demps faltered during the 100, coming up lame with a hamstring injury. Holloway said he was unsure of the severity of Demps’ injury, but hopes to have him back for the national championships in June.
                      Note that he's not on the start lists for Regionals, so no NCs (except in relay perhaps).

Comment

Christian Taylor, Florida, is entered at Regional in lj and tj. Guess if he can get a mark in top 12 he will advance to ncaa as an at large entry. Then get healthy?

Comment

Mouse says he's currently 90-100% fit, will jump in both at Regionals.

Comment

Working...
                          X