X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    Originally posted by donley2
    I actually thought that meant unversal (on the web only) for the World Champs week days. If it's on OTA I can get that. I may have to look into the OTA hooked into my directv DVR. I just finally ordered one of the converter box coupons so I could buy one and hook up my old school VCR for the Berlin Golden League meet.
    Weekday is web only. Not on US TV.

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    I actually thought that meant unversal (on the web only) for the World Champs week days. If it's on OTA I can get that. I may have to look into the OTA hooked into my directv DVR. I just finally ordered one of the converter box coupons so I could buy one and hook up my old school VCR for the Berlin Golden League meet.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    . . . invariably they end up bent and the danged thing won't go in!!! Rant off.
    Sounds like a personal problem . . .

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    i hate S-video jacks! Too many pins, and invariably they end up bent and the danged thing won't go in!!! Rant off.
    I have been using S-video(I use the 7 pin version) jacks for over 2 years now on my laptop to my TV. Never had a problem. As long as you plug it in the correct way, it will not bend.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    i hate S-video jacks! Too many pins, and invariably they end up bent and the danged thing won't go in!!! Rant off.

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
    Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
    Isn't it possible to hook up your PC to your TV? I have to admit I much prefer to sit in front of the TV to watch athletics rather than at my laptop.
    It is possible to hook up your PC to your TV. The easiest way is to use a S-video cord.
    Thanks for the info JTF. I'll have to look out for one of these!
    This assuming that both your PC/Laptop and your TV has S-video jacks. If not, there are several other options.Just do a quick search on the net.

Leave a comment:

• AthleticsInBritain
    replied
    Isn't it possible to hook up your PC to your TV? I have to admit I much prefer to sit in front of the TV to watch athletics rather than at my laptop.
    It is possible to hook up your PC to your TV. The easiest way is to use a S-video cord.
    Thanks for the info JTF. I'll have to look out for one of these!

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy
    I am a DirecTV customer, but also have an OTA antenna that feeds into my DirecTV DVR. It recorded the Doha track meet just like any other OTA or DirecTV recording.
    Well now that's different. Most Directv/Dish Network customers(I have had both) don't use a separate OTA antenna in addition to the satellite dish.
    I have a direct line-of-site to the major OTA transmission tower in my metropolitan area. There are quite a number of local digital channels that are not part of the DirecTV plan (such as the third digital channel for the local NBC affiliate on which they are broadcasting the Universal T&F stuff). Best of both worlds . . .

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy":1vx81ufz][quote=donley2][quote=jamaicantrackfan][quote=donley2]That list only shows weekend coverage of the World Champs on NBC. Say it isn't so.[/quote]

Weekday coverage of the World Champs will be on [url="http://www.universalsport.com
    www.universalsport.com[/url] website
    If that is true that truly stinks. I seriously dislike sitting in front of a stinking computer watching track meets.
    It is also on Universal TV if you get it in your neck of the woods. Check here: http://www.universalsports.com/fls/2300 ... on-tv.html

There are four options: Comcast cable, DirecTV, Dish, or over the air (which is initially hidden). Over the air worked for me. On a digital station but not HD.
    Universal Sports is not available on Dish or Directv. Both Dish and Directv usually do not carry the digital OTA subchannels such as Universal Sports.[/quote]
    I am a DirecTV customer, but also have an OTA antenna that feeds into my DirecTV DVR. It recorded the Doha track meet just like any other OTA or DirecTV recording.[/quote:1vx81ufz]

Well now that's different. Most Directv/Dish Network customers(I have had both) don't use a separate OTA antenna in addition to the satellite dish. Your special

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    That list only shows weekend coverage of the World Champs on NBC. Say it isn't so.
    Weekday coverage of the World Champs will be on www.universalsport.com website
    If that is true that truly stinks. I seriously dislike sitting in front of a stinking computer watching track meets.
    It is also on Universal TV if you get it in your neck of the woods. Check here: http://www.universalsports.com/fls/2300 ... on-tv.html

There are four options: Comcast cable, DirecTV, Dish, or over the air (which is initially hidden). Over the air worked for me. On a digital station but not HD.
    Universal Sports is not available on Dish or Directv. Both Dish and Directv usually do not carry the digital OTA subchannels such as Universal Sports.
    I am a DirecTV customer, but also have an OTA antenna that feeds into my DirecTV DVR. It recorded the Doha track meet just like any other OTA or DirecTV recording.

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    That list only shows weekend coverage of the World Champs on NBC. Say it isn't so.

Universal Sports is not available on Dish or Directv. Both Dish and Directv usually do not carry the digital OTA subchannels such as Universal Sports.

Leave a comment:

• AthleticsInBritain
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X