Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey Hardee on the Big 12 decathlon

He just posted this on his Twitter account:

<<Guy from K-state just broke my NCAA decathlon 100m record!!! Crap! 10.34<10.35>>

Doesn't the guy still have to finish the full Dec and score over 7000pts for the record to be "official"?

Comment

Since nobody officially keeps such records, there are no rules. They can be whatever you want them to be!

Comment

snarky e-mail I got in response to the Tweet: <<Is this the same "10.35" that had to be reread after the deca was over so Hardee could get the additional points needed for his CR in total points at the Texas Relays?>>

Comment

Originally posted by Grasshopper
          Doesn't the guy still have to finish the full Dec and score over 7000pts for the record to be "official"?
          According to Zarnowski, yeah.

I believe Jurgun Schult (sp?) did a decathlon once and scored in the 6's with an over 200ft discus throw. [Can anyone confirm? Saw it once on a website, website is gone] He's not given 'credit' for the "WR deca discus throw". Clay is with a ~185.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentathlete 2
            Originally posted by Grasshopper
            According to Zarnowski, yeah.
            So by "finish" does that mean scoring at least 1 point in each event or could an athlete NH in the PV and finish out the day thus finishing the decathlon?

Comment

Working...
            X