X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan

BTW Trackdaddy, Sanya still did not look at all. I am concerned that she may not make the US team at 400m
    With Trotter not running USAT&F who will defeat Sanya besides Felix? Check other U.S. 400 times so far.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Rookie mistake by Blake. He is young(19) and I sure Glen Mills will knock him over this. He will learn however.
    He felt Pagget "shift" in his blocks, thus he felt it was a false start and did not move. Rule of thumb. Always run until the race gets called back.
    A bit surprised by the slow times in both the mens and womens sprints.
    Just an okay meet.
    Also, disappointed to hear that Tyson won't face Asafa over 100m at the Reebok meet in New York on May 30th. Tyson says he will be running the 200m. Asafa will be in the 100m. Seems as if the ducking games between those two athletes have restarted where they left off in 2007. Damm shame.I am sure the meet promoters tried their best to have a clash(why wouldn't they) but the games continue.
    Tyson probably isn't ready for 100. Merritt will run 400, so 200 is a better choice than 100. Asafa ran a gutty 200 at 2007 Pre losing to three sprinters with faster PRs, so that is a wise choice for a Spring race.

Tyson & "X-Man" were injured while running 200. Running 10.0x on a curve from blocks is hard on the legs. That is why I suggest that injured sprinters begin their seasons with 400/200/4x100 curve

Many 100s are after Berlin if Asafa & Tyson are healthy.

Leave a comment:

• trackdug
    replied
    That was Wariner's slowest time ever at the Addidas meet:

2005 - 44.53
    2006 - didn't run
    2007 - 44.60
    2008 - 44.42
    2009 - 44.66

I'm not too happy with his progress this year. His first 200m of this year's race was really good but, as someone else noted, people were closing on him down the homestretch, just like Tyler Christopher did last year at Addidas. He says he's working on strength now, not speed. I don't know...

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    BTW Trackdaddy, Sanya still did not look at all. I am concerned that she may not make the US team at 400m
    Really?

I thought she looked pretty good considering the stiff headwind.

And Allyson looked great.

What did you see?

Did you expect a faster time?

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
    Rookie mistake by Blake. He is young(19) and I sure Glen Mills will knock him over this. He will learn however.

He felt Pagget "shift" in his blocks, thus he felt it was a false start and did not move. Rule of thumb. Always run until the race gets called back.

Just an okay meet.

Also, disappointed to hear that Tyson won't face Asafa over 100m at the Reebok meet in New York on May 30th. Tyson says he will be running the 200m. Asafa will be in the 100m. Seems as if the ducking games between those two athletes have restarted where they left off in 2007. Damm shame.I am sure the meet promoters tried their best to have a clash(why wouldn't they) but the games continue.

I saw the shift also, but as you say...you run until you hear a second gun...LOL, it was funny seeing him looking though. He will hear it from Mills, never stop running. Where will be his next meet?

As I listen to Gay, I was shock to hear he is not running 100m in New York, it was being bill has a showdown. Well, Asafa should just focus on himself anyway. He doesn't need to care who is running, run his own race and everything will fall into place. This need to be his main focus going into Berlin also.

Track and field will never get to the level it needs to if the top athletes don't clash on a regular basis to build hype in the sport. In 2007, the constant "ducking" by both Asafa and Tyson resulted in them only meeting once the entire year and that was at the World Champs where Tyson won. Meet promoters would love a clash. Its the athletes and their agents who need to get blamed for this ducking garbage.

One thing I am glad about Usain.Both Usain and Glen Mills have repeatedly said that he "fears" no athlete and will run either the 100 or 200m at the particular meet depending on which race is more competitive.

Leave a comment:

• The Atheist
    replied
    Gay is better at the 200m anyway, not to mention I personally prefer watching the 200m to watching the 100m, so I for one am happy that he's gonna run the 200.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsfanx1
    replied

Just an okay meet.

I saw the shift also, but as you say...you run until you hear a second gun...LOL, it was funny seeing him looking though. He will hear it from Mills, never stop running. Where will be his next meet?

As I listen to Gay, I was shock to hear he is not running 100m in New York, it was being bill has a showdown. Well, Asafa should just focus on himself anyway. He doesn't need to care who is running, run his own race and everything will fall into place. This need to be his main focus going into Berlin also.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by mrbowie
    Why was Durst not disqualified from the 100 after false starting TWICE?
    The first time she 'stood up' I believe?

The second was a false start.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied

Just an okay meet.
    Headwinds, empty stands, false starts, slow gun, etc...

Leave a comment:

• jamaicantrackfan
    replied

Just an okay meet.

Leave a comment:

• The Atheist
    replied
    Crew: ::holds microphone out to race winner::

Winner: Well

::breathes heavily::

Winner: I

Winner: guess

Winner: I

Winner: Won

Crew: Okay great, good luck in the remainder of your season!

Winner: ::breathes heavily::

Winner: Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mrbowie
    replied
    When is this crew going to realize that until an athlete is allowed to catch his or her breath, they are not going to give a sensible interview?

Leave a comment:

• mrbowie
    replied
    He most annoyingly overused the phrase "top-end speed" did Larry Rawson.

He drove me whacko to a point where I spent as much time using the mute button as the fast forward button did Larry Rawson.

Leave a comment:

• mrbowie
    replied
    Why was Durst not disqualified from the 100 after false starting TWICE?

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by Gleason
    TD thanks for the link to the interviews friend.
    I hope that Spearmon is ready by USAT&F.
    You're welcome, Gleason.
    And I hope he's ready too.
    I understand what you were saying about his results so far.
    But you heard him speak of possibly running sub10, sub20 and 44.x so it sounds like his coach has a plan.
    I'm a Spearmon fan, but he said that last year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X